rhughes44 1 day Offline
Jim 1 day Offline
rogerio_p... 1 day Offline

More Users 
Status News:
View Thread
 Print Thread
Upcoming - 4 String Streamline to be offered
I still need to get it ready for eventual shipping - within the US only - but I wanted to put up an alert ahead of time for anyone interested in purchasing a standard, non-Custom Streamline. "Mint" would be in the box, unopened upon arrival. It's not Mint. On the other hand it was played for several hours during three band reunions three different years with minimal pre-event personal practice sessions. So what does that make it? Somewhere between lightly used and excellent condition, taking into account the timeline?

I'll let the mental image form as it will, but here's a few telling details: purchased when I was 62; played only by me and my two best friends after I forced them to accompany me on a ballad I wrote and played on a nylon stringed guitar; played out of my house only when it was in someone else's living space; has spent 95% of its gifted existence in my non-smoker's office in its original soft case, both 9Vs removed and in baggies; and I'm the type of person who spends much of the time watching my 3-year old grandson - who has always been at least two floors away from the Streamline - saying "Be Careful!".

Be sure that when it goes up on eBay I won't be repeating any of the above, but know me by these code words, "Status-Graphite 4-string Streamline" when it does.

I don't know, maybe in a week or so? And though the graphite would only scoff at the thought of going out into this week's SE Pennsylvania weather, I wouldn't ship until the temperature improved.

So send your neck-diving disappointments packing and if sound quality and precise, comfortable playing matter more to you than looks and post-77 Precisions - while my diminutive hands jones a BendWell version - get ready to monitor the horizon soon.
Be sure to get at least one picture of the bass with your grandson.

…Anywhere near E-town or Lancaster?
Do you mean 'ol 17022? Abington, 1/2 hour North of the city, where I'll be shipping from. It's already boxed.

Took me longer to get the act together than I thought it would, but I'll be "Listing" on eBay tonight (Tuesday, 1/23/18) at 9PM EST. That gives those Streamline-ravenous Left Coasters time to get home. Due to the eBay time warp, it being 6 in the morning or something for them.

I broke my word and ended up saying a whole lot more in my auction Description, figuring maybe someone Status-clueless will be inspired and take a chance on finding out they'll have purchased the best instrument out there. OK, an instrument by the best Maker out there, I mean even an S2 owner should have a Streamline, right?. You know, for playing that formal gig, where you wouldn't even notice next to the dark suit. "What does the bass player have? Looks like only strings. Does sound good though, I'll give him that..."
Again with the falsehoods. It's up there now, but at 6:21 PST.

(pssst!) Someone change Upcoming to Outgoing here, would you? Thanks.
Jump to Forum:

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
The 2009 Statii CD
Copyright © The Statii Team 2006-2018 and André Simha. All rights reserved