More work for Rob & company

Last updated on 13 years ago
B
bjasso
Posted 13 years ago
I leaped off the cliff tonight and ordered an MK-II with bendwell and blue wrap LEDs!!! :o
Ros assured me the cocobolo facing with have a "Whoa!!" factor.
tick...tick..tick.
Is it May yet?
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 13 years ago
Gotta love that cliff divin'... and cocobolo.
evomanevoman
Posted 13 years ago

bjasso wrote:
I leaped off the cliff tonight and ordered an MK-II with bendwell and blue wrap LEDs!!! :o
tick...tick..tick.
Is it May yet?

Wow - I assume the bendwell = headless - and so this is exactly what I would order if I were ordering a new Status bass. I love my KB II, but I am not a huge fan of the look of mine. Cocobolo is my favourite facing wood, by far, and should go well with the body size and shape. The only other custom options I like are the matt neck and I'd probably go for the soapbars. I'm sure you'll love it (and if you don't, please start by contacting me!!).
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

evoman wrote:

bjasso wrote:
tick...tick..tick.
Is it May yet?

Wow - I assume the bendwell = headless

I think there's a Bendwell system also with the headed version on the MK II...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 13 years ago
Headed or haedless, it will be a cracker for sure!

I know the Cocobolo will look great with the blue wrap-around led's...:)
franfran
Posted 13 years ago

enzo wrote:

evoman wrote:

bjasso wrote:
tick...tick..tick.
Is it May yet?

Wow - I assume the bendwell = headless

I think there's a Bendwell system also with the headed version on the MK II...

so called the semi-bendwell B)
moo-wood-kingbass artist '07
green S2000 fretless
markbass micromark

Life on earth may be expensive,
but it does include an annual free trip around the sun
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
Here's what it says on the web site:

"The lay-back head-stock has a shallow recess moulded between the top-nut and the tuners. This replaces the "BendWell" fitted to some of the original headless KingBasses and lets you produce string bending and vibrato effects".
Edited by bassbus on 06-12-2010 01:12, 13 years ago
evomanevoman
Posted 13 years ago

BassBus wrote:
Here's what it says on the web site:

"The lay-back head-stock has a shallow recess moulded between the top-nut and the tuners. This replaces the "BendWell" fitted to some of the original headless KingBasses and lets you produce string bending and vibrato effects".

I suppose I always envisioned the BendWell as a way to use a 34" neck mould to make a medium scale 32" neck. It's a creative solution, but I don't see why anyone would bother modding a headed bass to increase the ability to bend notes (how often do you bend notes? I suppose it's better than the Pilichowski solution of deforming the neck away from the body! But I rarely, if ever bother with it). Does anyone really see this as an important feature? I have it on my Status because I want a medium scale bass.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

evoman wrote:
Does anyone really see this as an important feature?

Ehm, Mark King?
Edited by bassbus on 06-12-2010 02:26, 13 years ago
evomanevoman
Posted 13 years ago

BassBus wrote:

evoman wrote:
Does anyone really see this as an important feature?

Ehm, Mark King?

Exactly - he's one man - an influential one, but still only one player in a sea of many. And how often does he actually use it? I can only recall one song where it is really necessary. I also assume that any headed bass with a roller nut can let you do a decent job such that an actual modification is not needed. He was also bending notes before he had an adaptation to facilitate it. On a headless I understand, but on a headed bass it seems like a nearly useless feature.

Pilichowski loves to bend notes a lot more than MK, but with his manic style, he does it the fast way and just torques the hell out of the bass. Not what we would want to do, but for a once in a blue moon effect, it's acceptable I suppose.
T
travelingbassman
Posted 13 years ago
I must be sick in the head or something but as i read this thread all i can think is i wonder if anyone has a bendwell AND Kahler whammy bar on a bass.
Then i thought,
That means i could bend Down aswell as UP!
Then i thought,
Maybe i could do both at the same time with different intervals etc ?.
Then i thought,
But millions of 10 year old japanese kids will steal my hot new trick and it will be all over youtube by next tuesday!!
Then i thought,
Victor Wooten will see my new trick and upgrade it to something i cant do!(the shame of it).
Then i thought,
The pursuit of this new olympic sport could amuse me for literally..............MINUTES!!!
Then i thought,
Where did i put that bottle of wine,,,,,,,i really should clean a bass or something.............:o
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
Edited by travelingbassman on 06-12-2010 05:07, 13 years ago
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago
:D:D:D

I think I'll stick with my headless S2 with none of these funny bits of wire across the neck, then I don't need a bendwell or a tremelo. :|

Mwahahaha!
Edited by bassbus on 06-12-2010 05:55, 13 years ago
Phantom NINPhantom NIN
Posted 13 years ago
Sounds like a great bass. Pity the s2 is so big and I am so, so short.
Having spoken with Rob, looks like I'm about to take the dive on another bass...just have to make my mind up on a couple of things.
Drew, owner of:

Status Streamline 4 32"/16.5mm
Status Streamline 5 32"/16.5mm

TC Electronics Rebelhead 450
RS 2x10
RS 1x12
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 13 years ago

travelingbassman wrote:
I must be sick in the head or something but as i read this thread all i can think is i wonder if anyone has a bendwell AND Kahler whammy bar on a bass.
Then i thought,
That means i could bend Down aswell as UP!
Then i thought,
Maybe i could do both at the same time with different intervals etc ?.
Then i thought,
But millions of 10 year old japanese kids will steal my hot new trick and it will be all over youtube by next tuesday!!
Then i thought,
Victor Wooten will see my new trick and upgrade it to something i cant do!(the shame of it).
Then i thought,
The pursuit of this new olympic sport could amuse me for literally..............MINUTES!!!
Then i thought,
Where did i put that bottle of wine,,,,,,,i really should clean a bass or something.............:o

:D:D:D
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator