Status Energy 4 string

Last updated on 18 years ago
B
BassGyver
Posted 18 years ago
Here's my 4 string Energy. Alder (?) body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 2 status J pickup. I don't know when it was made, around 1993 i guess. Volume, pickup balance and high frequency boost/cut.
I bought it in a second hand shop. It was in terrible condition. Dead strings and battery, bad intonation, completely flat neck with string buzz on almost eevery note, awful skull stickers in the front and back. But I bought it. I fell in love with the shape of this bass when i saw one in a bass magazine, and had the chance to find one (at a very affordable price!).

I don't use my Energy very much now because i'm mostly a 5 string player. Someday, i'll have a 5 string S2 ... someday...

Here's some quite bad pics.

users.skynet.be/fa895647/nrj.jpg
Edited by andre on 23-02-2006 21:37, 18 years ago
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Hi BassGyver, welcome to Statii.com,

Your Energy looks very nice, is the wood a oiled or a gloss finish? I ask as the wood grain looks quite visible.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Looks almost like an Ash body to my untrained eye.

I like the stealth look of the black body and hardware, very understated.

As Trev said, welcome.
B
BassGyver
Posted 18 years ago
Oiled or gloss? None of them? It is not a gloss finish. More sort of an oil finish, but made with black paint. But the body is not impregnated with the black paint: some paint chips went away when i removed the ugly skull stickers.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator