Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Bass Project

Posted by Steve on 22-04-2006 08:24

Hey guys. I'm going to be starting a bass project fairly soon, looking for some pointers on a couple of things. Ill put down the intended specs, feel free to let me know of any unwise decisions or combinations (I've only owned 4 basses, whereas by the looks of things you lot are a bit more hardcore Pfft) Body: Buckeye Burl (f supplier can provide this without breaking the bank) Failing that, Mahogany body with buckeye burl facing Neck: Headless Status if they'll sell me an S2 neck, or a moses headless. Plain fretless, 24 "fret" Probably 5 string, I cant see that getting in the way to much if i dont slap on it. Electronics: Mute switch! 2 Status soapbar's into a blend pot (not the main one) Fishman piezo in bridge Status Board 301 (Vol, Blend for piezo & output of MagPup blend, Treble, Bass, Variable Mid, 3 way Mid switch, gain trim pot) Plus a few possible onboard FX (home made - they work well out of a bass, so its just a case of scaling down PCB design a bit.) Presets with just on/off : a light chorus, light reverb, light distortion (rather than overdriving my preamp as is sometimes needed for 'heavier' jazz) Bridge: Probably Status headless tuners. So thats the outline, main concerns are whether you all think that'll work well together, feasibility, etc. By virtue of fretless, there's little or no concerns with tuning issues (as long as the side dots are in pretty much the right place, I'll be happy. Cheers Steve

Edited by Steve on 23-04-2006 07:12