Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: PROJECT: Status Energy Matrix Bass 4 (graphite neck)

Posted by jimitee on 04-01-2015 07:33

Thanks for the nice comments everyone Smile. Just as a follow up, I had to change the strings from 30-90's to 35-95's. With the ultra light 30-90 strings there was too much back bow on the neck and I couldn't get a reasonable action. I know that Rob normally set his basses up for 40-100's but I tend to find them a bit heavy for my liking. Once the 35-95's were put on the neck flattened out beautifully and the action came right down to about 2.5mm at the 24th fret (1.75mm at the 12th fret). It is great to see a non adjustable truss rod graphite neck performing so well after 20 years and it really is a testament to Rob and all the team at Status. This has turned out to be one of the best basses I've ever worked on and after 20 years of use and abuse all it needed was the refinish on the body and cleaning and resetting up. The only visible signs of wear are on the pickup covers and the frets which are now 8/10. What started out as an Xmas project has turned into a keeper !!!! Jimitee

Edited by jimitee on 28-04-2024 12:43