Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: TM Stevens S2

Posted by molan on 14-07-2019 00:39

I saw a bass listed on Reverb a few months ago and it’s now on EBay that’s listed as having been made for TM Stevens but rejected as he didn’t like the paint job. Just wondered if anyone knew anything about it?

Posted by Garbo28 on 14-07-2019 19:01

molan wrote: I saw a bass listed on Reverb a few months ago and it’s now on EBay that’s listed as having been made for TM Stevens but rejected as he didn’t like the paint job. Just wondered if anyone knew anything about it?
Heres my bit of Inspector Clouseau work... Both the Ebay and reverb adverts were placed by Ashdown engineering (the amplifier manufacturer). TM Stevens worked with a French bassist called Pascal Mulot who is an Ashdown endorsee as part of a trio. My guess is that TM gave Pascal the S2, who subsequently gave it to Ashdown when he was working on his bass rig... Hmmm???... Until we meet again and the case is sol-ved Smile

Posted by molan on 20-07-2019 04:30

So it's an Empathy and not an S2 and it's something like 25 years old but virtually never played - and now it's mine! Hope to see it this week Smile

Posted by Garbo28 on 21-07-2019 19:52

molan wrote: So it's an Empathy and not an S2 and it's something like 25 years old but virtually never played - and now it's mine! Hope to see it this week Smile
Good lad, I am sure you will get a lot of comments over that finish, pretty unique. Enjoy Smile

Posted by moo on 22-07-2019 22:00

Great to hear. Looking forward to some decent pics. Surprised it’s a Series II let alone an Empathy. This kind of artwork is normally done on a Series 2000!