Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: KingBass Demo

Posted by Isle_matt on 19-06-2021 06:22

Hello members, The Status KingBass & Mark King’s slap technique were together - the core influence on this full scale production (which on bass demos a scoop eq; a light string set, MK chorus (mono) & accurate 16ths). https://soundcloud.com/matmospheres/dyed-in-the-wool The KingBass is a subject specific instrument, and it would be great to hear more of them in use; and more players — who can execute proper technique on it.

Posted by Sonic Groove on 22-06-2021 02:23

Mine is fitted with La Bella DT Flatwounds & sounds great. Musical instruments work in many different ways for different players. Smile

Posted by Isle_matt on 28-06-2021 01:02

[quote name=Sonic Groove post=56652]@Sonic Groove - Mine is fitted with La Bella DT Flatwounds & sounds great. Musical instruments work in many different ways for different players. Smile[/quote] Interesting choice of strings. The bass (in my 4yr experience) needs double ball, in order to really apply pressure in the bend well, The grub screws are very good, but as a system have also failed - in the the coil of string which rips, stretches is compromised. But I can’t get Rotosound SBL. So I’d take any companies which offer bright stainless steel WITH double ball, and suited properly to 32inch scale