Thread subject: STATII.COM: For all things Status-Graphite :: Rob semi-retirement

Posted by Sonic Groove on 15-08-2022 02:30

Love and best wishes to Rob & Dawn on their semi-retirement. Hope you are both well and Status continues for a very long time Brendan

Edited by Sonic Groove on 15-08-2022 02:33

Posted by mariogindro on 12-09-2022 11:10

I did not really understand what kind of retirement is. I mean, it sounds they just sell strings and few more things. No more basses produced! Is it correct? It does sound like a full retirement. What I don't understand is why they didn't continue with the employees they have worked with them all these years. Or some of them buying the company. It's quite wierd stopping a 30year succesfull production all of the sudden! IMHO!

Posted by moo on 13-09-2022 11:32

It's quite simple... Rob is a perfectionist and every single bass he makes goes through his fingers at the end of production. So if he wants to 'slow down' or stop working then everything stops! Just to put things into perspective, it's been more than 40 years! I have a Status bass that's 41 years old!

Posted by JonB on 05-11-2022 05:01

Is there any indication about ongoing support and repairs since Rob has retired? My bass could do with a re-fret but apparently they're not doing that kind of work either.

Posted by al808 on 22-02-2023 03:08

There's some changes on the home page at status-graphite.com with the following text: "I'll be contacting everyone who has expressed an interest very soon. We just need to finalise the web pages with detailed information." Does anybody know anything about this, are they resuming manufacturing ??? :-) Cheers Al.

Posted by Jd on 23-02-2023 02:26

That is referring to the 40th anniversary basses only.