Basses WANTED

Status basses WANTED go here
2971 posts | Last Activity on 14-03-2006 03:40 by G-77
G-77
G-77 14-03-2006 03:40, 18 years ago
Re: Need a V8 so I can feel my Status!

Whitey42 wrote: (expensive Wife to keep!)

i got one of those...
W
Whitey42 14-03-2006 00:46, 18 years ago
Any more V8s out there for sale then? I have not got enough for the ex-Sting one on Bassworld (expensive Wife to keep!) but am interested in any non-famous ones!Shock
status
status 13-03-2006 10:51, 18 years ago
Re: RH 5 String Headless with LED Wanted
Welcome to Statii. Hope you manage to find the bass you are looking for. Certainly sounds like it would be a good one and LEDs are so cool. Cool

If you do we would like to see some photos. Wink
M
miles4u 13-03-2006 10:36, 18 years ago
Re: RH 5 String Headless with LED Wanted
Hi I am looking for a RH 5 string Headless, preferably Kingbass, with LEDs and graphite neck. Anyone have one they are trying to unload? Great condition is not a must. Please reply to my e-mail at miles4u@gmail.com

Thanks
moo
moo 01-03-2006 11:14, 18 years ago
Re: Wanted - Series 2, Series 2000 & Empathy
4 string pref!

got one? want to sell it? Let me see!!

Grin

Thanks
B
BuzzardBass_dot_Com 28-02-2006 08:46, 18 years ago
Re: URGENTLY WANTED: Status Buzzard I
That clip was probably taken from the DVD, "Classic Albums - The Who: Who's Next". I highly recommend picking this video up. John sits in front of the camera and talks about his bass line for Baba O Riley. He's using his B-2 and effects gear. This is the only footage I know of that's up front and personal with John and a B-2.
Z
zn_bassman 28-02-2006 06:09, 18 years ago
If I understand correctly, Status is not allowed to even use the term Buzzard - same for mentioning Entwistle in relation to Status instruments. That's why what used to be called the Buzzard-2 is now called the B-2. John never used it for a major performance or recording, never made any endorsement of it, and - unlike the big, original Buzzard - its shape is unique to Status. As such, Rob can still market it under the changed name and with no mention of John.

The only footage I know of showing John playing a Buzzard-2 is the rehearsal clip in the eulogy section of the John Entwistle Band DVD.
G-77
G-77 28-02-2006 02:24, 18 years ago
I think they are talked about as B-1s & B-2s these days...
status
status 28-02-2006 00:02, 18 years ago
And so long as he doesn't call them Buzzards or have any reference to the late, great JE.
F
fretmeister 27-02-2006 23:51, 18 years ago

Doctor_Bass wrote:
Warwick originally agreed to pay Stuart Spector a license fee - they allegedly did so for a period of two years; they then stopped after having made
modifications' to the design of the Streamer basses (yeah right!!)! I agree Status should perhaps introduce a new bass aimed at the 
rockier' end of the market, call it a `JE' model as a non-specific tribute instrument! JE could be anyone, for example, Johnny English!

I've got a US Spector NS-2 in my collection and its a superb instrument - Warwicks have come been and gone - never owned one for more than 8 months!

Nick

Watch the Courts! Spector is currently taking advice about going after Warwick again.

The difficulty will be that Gibson just lost their appeal and so PRS can still make the 'single cut' so there is now precedent that as long as you can tell the difference at the point of sale then there is no infringement. Gibson's own lawyer admitted that 'only an idiot' would confuse them at sale.

So technically Rob could make them in the USA - as long as it was damn clear it was not a Warwick.

I have no doubt that Warwick were simply able to pay more for a license as they are a bigger company.
wwittman
wwittman 26-02-2006 16:52, 18 years ago
Speaking for myself, I'd love to see an all graphite, or at least graphite neck through, Buzzard 2.

THAT would be interesting.
senmen
senmen 26-02-2006 09:36, 18 years ago
Re: STILL SEARCHING FOR A STATUS BUZZARD I
Guys,
it is really hard to get one.
So: I am still urgently interested in a Status Buzzard I , both 4 and 8 string.
I am willing to trade in to my Alembic Spyder 4, Spyder 8 or custom Dragon Wing or pay cash.
There was one member out of this forum who had offered one for sale, but unfortunately refused.
I need them urgently to play with our WHO tribute band WHO ARE YOU on stage.
Many thanks for viewing.

Oliver (still Spyderman)
W
Whitey42 25-02-2006 07:07, 18 years ago
Thanks G77, I have done that, fingers crossed!
G-77
G-77 24-02-2006 04:09, 18 years ago
Hi Whitey42, you might want to post on the Bassworld market place http://www.bassworld.co.uk
W
Whitey42 24-02-2006 01:39, 18 years ago
Hi Status friends!

I currently have a Trace V4 200w all valve head (pic soon) and I want to add to my collection with it's big brother the V8 400w head.

Does anyone out there have one that they are willing to part with for a mutually agreeable wedge of folding? I will even collect too (if you are in the UK)

thanks in advance

Whitey42!
Rich
Rich 22-02-2006 11:34, 18 years ago

Rob Green wrote:Most of the details in the Buzzard-1 thread are correct
Especially the bit about the best Warwick being a smashed-up one GrinGrinGrin
Z
zn_bassman 21-02-2006 22:25, 18 years ago
I second Oliver's post - Rob, as you know from our off-board discussion, I'm getting close to ordering a B-2. If you have any new options coming out, I'd love to hear about them before I order!
RaoulVador
RaoulVador 21-02-2006 06:43, 18 years ago
Re: Searching for a 5 strings
Search a status 5 strings, S1 or S2, or else :p, make propositions gentlemen Wink
senmen
senmen 21-02-2006 05:01, 18 years ago
Rob,
many thanks for your post.
This makes me really interested.
I was close to another B 1 but then the seller refused, unfortunately.
I already had my Spyders on Ebay to be prepared for the B1.
Sadly, I couldnĀ“t get it.
So all my hopes are in you now.

Oliver (Spyderman)
G-77
G-77 20-02-2006 22:58, 18 years ago
Sounds good Rob,

panelstate
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

There are no threads found