New members

Tell us more about you - Don't be shy!
2108 posts | Last Activity on 23-08-2016 02:47 by bassbus
B
bassbus 23-08-2016 02:47, 8 years ago
Re: New member from Malta
Welcome to the addiction, there is no escape.
Responded in New member from Malta
P
Pragmatist 22-08-2016 19:22, 8 years ago
Welcome
B
bluezman 07-05-2016 20:16, 8 years ago
Hi all! I am a 48 year old guitar player who turned into a bass player. I just got my hands on a Status Energy and just love this bass! Been lurking here for a while.... See my bass in the show off thread Smile

Rock on!
T
The-Ox 07-05-2016 09:34, 8 years ago
Re: Hi! Big Entwistle and now Status fan
Hi All,

My first post to the forum! My admiration for Status basses came from John Entwistle. As my main bass inspiration, I've been trying (emphasis on trying, not doing) to emulate his style. I've learnt a few of his techniques and style, and I think I am doing an okay job in learning. As his techniques developed, I've been trying to master the typewriter technique he so often used in the 80s and on Status Buzzards. It was by learning his technique in chronological order did I really come to appreciate the Status basses he used, as I had previously dismissed them as too lead guitarish! Now I really want a B2!

Nice to meet you all!

Taran
C
cd_david 24-03-2016 04:25, 8 years ago
Re: Hello
It's the original 88 pickup and an East MM 2 band. They were designed on the original 76 circuit but with iirc +3dB more on both bands?
Responded in Hello
S
StealthDJ 24-03-2016 04:03, 8 years ago
Cool, good to know (I might be in the market for another one, as it turns out).

What pickup / electronics are you using?
Responded in Hello
C
cd_david 24-03-2016 01:04, 8 years ago
I've got a collection of 6 Ray's and had about another 3 through my hands including a 77. Out of all of them this beats them by a mile. Amazing clarity, huge sustain and a bottom end that is big enough to fill a room but is tight and defined. Also the EQ seems to respond more evenly too. It's an amazing difference and the fretless has the same qualities.
Responded in Hello
S
StealthDJ 23-03-2016 22:44, 8 years ago
Nice.

Out of curiosity, what difference did you find the Status neck made to the StingRay? I had almost exactly the same one with a Status pickup and Seymour Duncan electronics. Could never get a sound I was happy with (compared to the Buzzard 2 that I own) and toyed with the idea of the neck upgrade but in the end sold the musicman and put the money towards an S3...
Responded in Hello
B
bassbus 23-03-2016 04:46, 8 years ago
Welcome on board David. You'll only find proper basses here Grin I think your necks make those proper basses. Clap
Responded in Hello
C
cd_david 23-03-2016 04:40, 8 years ago
Hi
Just found the forum. I'm on a couple of the usual uk ones.
I've not got a full Status but have a couple of basses equipped with their stunning necks.

A Precision with an unlined J neck;

i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/cd_david/New%20Bass%20Sales/8899EEBF-3662-461B-AF56-30C8143918BB_zpscm5hzrri.jpg

And my 'it's getting buried with me' bass, an 88 Ray with Status neck;

i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/cd_david/05918EF2-62F6-4E8A-BF39-6E15EED25185_zpsbvejzquv.jpg

Cheers
David
Responded in Hello
M
markbastook 07-12-2015 07:00, 8 years ago
Re: Markbastook
Hello folks,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I "accidently" strumbled across the Statii site trying to determine the real age/type of my status bass (Headless energy serial 1160, build in 1992, from what I can find in the database)

I picked it up a couple of years ago, looking for a easy to transport practise bass.

I mainly used it for some pop/rock music from 70-ies upwards. As not all styles we play are fit for slapping I found the sound really versatile, easy to dial in from old skool thunder to modern-hifi like.

From what I can see my bass is completely original, including some batle scars. Recently I had to replace the balance pot and the tone pot. It is by far the most versatile bassguitar I own.

Iĺl try later to upload some pictures :-) (Promises, promises)
Responded in Markbastook
moo
moo 30-11-2015 19:31, 8 years ago
Re: Hello, this is mooz from munich :^)
Pleasure.

Just keep your hands off my Series II's

Grin
mooz
mooz 29-11-2015 07:54, 8 years ago
Clap

Thank you for making the links active. I´m still learning the rules …

Wink
moo
moo 27-11-2015 07:34, 8 years ago
mooz
mooz 26-11-2015 08:39, 8 years ago
Thank you guys for your warm welcome!

I know it´s hard to find a affordable Series II. Here in Germany we have some german 80ies Statii still left: SKC Slapper or Schack Carbon basses.

BTW – that´s my S1:

https://goo.gl/photos/JWqgDj7sgX7DYxqw9

https://goo.gl/photos/cdEa3LywvY1RmqYt6
B
bassbus 25-11-2015 10:15, 8 years ago
Welcome mooz. Series IIs are hard to come by. moo, here on the forum, owns all but two of the original 80s run of the instruments. You might have to haggle a bit if one comes up. Grin
Garbo28
Garbo28 25-11-2015 09:45, 8 years ago
Welcome Mooz, there are plenty on this forum who know about everything status... then there are blaggers like me. But if you own one, you are in the club and Status basses are addictive. This time last year, ordering one was a long term dream. Now I have 2.... and a much cheaper car Shock)
mooz
mooz 25-11-2015 08:29, 8 years ago
Hello to everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself, after being more of a lurker to this forum.

My real name´s Robert and I´m playing bass since … um … wait … 26 years. I´m living in munich, germany.

Darryl Jones appearance in Stings "Bring on the night" movie gave my bass-playing desires some way. By that time it was also Mark King of course, which is why I´m quite in about Status basses since then.

Years ago I took a opportunity to grab a delicious Status S1 deluxe (translucent-red with ash top) to my arsenal of basses – which consists of several Fender (vintage & new) and Squier Jazz Basses, a P-Bass, Music Man Stingray, some German made Basses like Human Base or LeFay.

From time to time I do some day-dreaming at office for a real Series II … Smile

Cheers,
Robert
M
Morphgarth 09-11-2015 12:09, 8 years ago
Re: Newbie
Here she is:
Responded in Newbie
M
Morphgarth 09-11-2015 09:30, 8 years ago
Re: Newbie
If I could work out how to post a public from an apple device I'd put one up.
Responded in Newbie
panelstate
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

There are no threads found