New members

Tell us more about you - Don't be shy!
2108 posts | Last Activity on 14-02-2006 09:12 by andre
andre
andre 14-02-2006 09:12, 18 years ago
Re: Hi guys
Hi Misterpink and a very warm welcome to this Forum - glad to have you!

Hmm Kingbass fan, well that sounds very slappy indeed so please don't hesiate to post some pictures of your Black Beauty in the "Show off your Statiis" section!

Andre
Responded in Hi guys
senmen
senmen 14-02-2006 07:21, 18 years ago
HI,
I also want to let you know something about me.
My name is Oliver, I am 41 and living in Germany, near Cologne.
My main influence is John Entwistle and I am keeping the memory in John alive
with my playing in our WHOI tribute band WHO ARE YOU.
Currently I only play Alembic John Entwistle Spyder basses 4 and 8 string.
Unfortunately I missed to get me a Buzz 1 but now as the production is stopped, it is really
hard to get one.

Oliver (Spyderman)
Responded in Hi guys
Misterpink
Misterpink 14-02-2006 05:01, 18 years ago
I'm Misterpink

First off, well done Andre and Sacha for this superb site... I'm proud to be a memberGrin

Ok about me... I play in two bands, one an originals band (www.adornostone.com) and the other is a function band (www.5catfish.com) which is all those lurvely cheesy 80's bass lines which is what propeted me to buy a Status in the first place.

I managed to bag myself a Kingbass Black Beauty 4 string with all the trimmings.... front and side red L.E.D's...

I also play a Warwick (I can hear your gasp's of displeasure....) Thumb throughneck 5 string... which is a fantastic bass although for those 2-3 hour gigs... not good on the old back and shoulders.

My set-up is classic Trace Elliot 1 x 1048h and 1 x 1048 with the GP12 Amp... Instant MK.

for the smaller gigs I use a Tech Sound Systems 300W Compact 2 x 12 + CD with either the Trace head or for those more acoustic gigs.... a DBX 386 valve mic pre with a Crown XLS amp.

I'm quite happy with the sound apart from I having to adjust between the Warwick (9v) and the Kingbass (18v) for the on-stage sound. Although I've adjusted the pre-amp on the Kingbass to the lowest output setting it still kicks a fair wack into the Trace pre-amp which has to be set at a considerably lower level than for the Warwick.

I'm guessing that the use of 18v boards wasn't and still isnt practiced often by bass guitar manufacturers... I know Status do and I've also played some nice Zoot Basses which have 18v boards on them and they kick a punch too...

Anyway... I'll stop waffling on now... happy slapping!

Misterpink
Responded in Hi guys
G-77
G-77 13-02-2006 21:20, 18 years ago
Re: Moderator formaly known as s3000
I was so tempted to bid for the one on ebay that came up last week, but I just cant justify £4500 on a bass right now!
Thanks for the tip on the OBP3 it has made such a huge difference to s3000 giving a much wider set of sounds!

T.
andre
andre 13-02-2006 21:05, 18 years ago
Re: Hi i'm Andre
Hello everyone! I am Andre; not some mysterious geek sitting behind his computer all day (although I do that a lot!) but simply a great fan of Status basses.

I live in Geneva, Switzerland - yes very close to the snowy slopes if you like skiing - and I have two hobbies, one is flying a small airplane ... and the other is playing bass and more particularly Status basses.

I started off by playing guitar (sorry about that Shock) when I was 11 years old and roughly 4 years ago I realised that my real passion was for bass.

I remember going to a Level 42 gig at the Montreux Jazz Festival in July 1983 (yes I have the live video on VHS and DVD) and I guess that after seeing Mark King sweat for 2 hours something must have changed in my genes … that took a couple of years to materialize!

Anyhow, this Forum is your Forum so make good use of it and if we can help – let us know!

Andre and the Staii Team
()
Responded in Hi i'm Andre
status
status 13-02-2006 20:31, 18 years ago
Cool action shots there Trev.

Glad to hear you are still enjoying the S3000. I'd like a Buzzard as well but not much chance unless I sell one of the children.
G-77
G-77 13-02-2006 19:10, 18 years ago
Hi, I am Trev & I have the S3000 previously owned by 'status'. It is my main bass for use in my band 'Lustre' I have recently replaced the preamp with the excelent Aguilar OBP-3. I have been playing bass since 1981 & have owned many basses, the S3000 is my first Status. One day I hope to own my dream bass the Status Buzzard.

homepage.mac.com/editbox/../../images/trev_n_bass.jpg

I live in west London & work in central London for a TV station, editing video & creating video graphics.
status
status 13-02-2006 08:55, 18 years ago
Re: Hi I'm status (the man not the bass)
Might as well be first. Smile

I've been playing bass for about 5 years and am now in my second band but it is the first actual gigging one (singers are a fickle bunch).

My first proper bass was a Status Empathy and I still have it. Still love it and would never willingly part with it.

Havwe also owned a Status S3000 (now owned by one of the other Moderators), an Empathy headless (had to go to fund a new rig), a Shark (that I made active and wish I hadn't soldSad )and a Washburn Status (not overly impressed with that one to be honest).

Based near London in the UK and work in the City of London as a shark, sorry lawyer.

Come on now don't be shy.................
panelstate
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

There are no threads found