Hi I'm status (the man not the bass)

Last updated on 18 years ago
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Might as well be first. :)

I've been playing bass for about 5 years and am now in my second band but it is the first actual gigging one (singers are a fickle bunch).

My first proper bass was a Status Empathy and I still have it. Still love it and would never willingly part with it.

Havwe also owned a Status S3000 (now owned by one of the other Moderators), an Empathy headless (had to go to fund a new rig), a Shark (that I made active and wish I hadn't sold:( )and a Washburn Status (not overly impressed with that one to be honest).

Based near London in the UK and work in the City of London as a shark, sorry lawyer.

Come on now don't be shy.................
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
Where's the picture with your Bass Tech I enjoyed that one !
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I'll have to see if I can find that one. In the meantime here's is one of my backline. Don't be fooled by the size this puts out 500 watts and is very loud!

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/chriswright/P1280002.jpg

Mark Bass Little Mark II, EBS Neo 1x12 and Flite 1x15. All up weight less than 60lbs (27Kilos). Makes my back happy.
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago

andre wrote:
Where's the picture with your Bass Tech I enjoyed that one !

Haa, that was mine, I will post it tomorrow!
RichRich
Posted 18 years ago
Hey hey, it's Cap'n 2-Puds..! :D How you doing?
Thoroughly jealous of your tiny rig... I'm trying to downsize at the moment, see my thread. :)
I'm not some sort of drug-taking alcoholic git.
I'm just a git.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Indeed it is status 2-puds here. Welcome aboard Rich.

Downsizing is the way things seem to be going these days. Looking at the report of the NAMM show it seems a lot more amp and cab manufacturers are going down the lightweight route. They have finally got the technology to reduce the weight and people are starting to realise that with modern bass drivers you don't need a 4 x 15 and an 8 x 10 to get a good and punchy bass tone.

Never seen those Bass Monitors that you are after. Will be interested to see some pics.
RichRich
Posted 18 years ago
This is the fella! :)
Fantastic little cab, simply huuuge bottom end for one so small.
img.epinions.com/images/opti/d3/28/instAmplifiersAllSWR_Bass_Monitor_12_Cabinet.jpg
I'm not some sort of drug-taking alcoholic git.
I'm just a git.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator