Another proud Status owner

Last updated on 18 years ago
Status5Status5
Posted 18 years ago
At Last!
A site for Status owners!
Like every one else it was 'love at first play':)
I was lucky enough to have a friend who had an Empathy and who was happy to hand it over, saying "hang on to this for a few weeks and see how you get on with it" Now that it what I call a VERY good friend!!
Yup, it was lurv!
So I got me an Eclipse Ltd. Edition 5 string.:) Which I use daily and take it out gigging in and around the Surrey area.
So its a Thanx Rob, for great basses
Thanx Jim for getting me hooked
and thanx Andre for this site!
N
NowVertical
Posted 18 years ago
I am just up the road in Capel and have a Status 6 String that I just love. It seems to be an Energy (energy board and look etc) but has hyperactive pickups.

When you gigging next locally? Perhaps you would allow me to try the eclipse to give me a taster of how a bass further up the Status range handles?
BassSteveBassSteve
Posted 18 years ago
I recently became a proud Status owner having purchased an Empathy 5 on E-Bay (US). I very nearly pulled the trigger on a Eclipse LTD. Tell me, is yours the one with the chrome pickup covers and contoured body? If so, exactly how much contour is there?? Like a Spector or W**w**k? I have always been curious about "the one that got away". Maybe my 2nd wife will allow me a few more Statii ;)... Enjoy!!
Steve
Status5Status5
Posted 18 years ago
Hi Nowvertical
Glad to hear that someone else nearby has a Status as well! You would have thought that there would be loads of owners here in the heart of Surrey!! ;) and when you get the 'what do you play', its a "whats one of them then?" :( Mind-you lack of venues and poor fees might have something to do with it! :o
We have only just got this band up and running, so will keep you posted on the gig front. (used to be ;Blues R Us, and The Whiskers) So if you can get along to one of them you can have a go! No Probs!
Cheers
M
Edited by Status5 on 13-03-2006 06:39, 18 years ago
Status5Status5
Posted 18 years ago
Hi BassSteve
Always a pleasure to hear from our 'cousins' from across the big pond!
In reply, yes its the one with the chrome covers and 'stuff'! I will try and post a piccy. (Have tried before, but I think the files to big!)
I think comparing the two (Empathy v Eclipse) that the Eclipse is a bit lighter out of the two, but that might be to do with being very light in the pocket after I bought it :o However it plays the same as far as I'm concerned (mind you it was five years ago!)
I can't say about how it compares to the spector or w*****k, I've not picked up another bass since I bought it! However I broke out the tape measure and had a look at the contour ----
At the top of the body its about 1- 1/4 coming out to 1-5/8 at the pick-ups. (It levels off about 1" before them)
That is only a guesstimate and I guess Rob would be able to say for sure!
Would I get another? YUP!
(You know when you in love ;) )
Have a good one
M
You do not have access to view attachments
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
That is absolutely gorgeous! You aren't the only one that is in love! :D
RobJRobJ
Posted 18 years ago
:o:o:o

Wow!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator