WANTED: Status Shark

Last updated on 18 years ago
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Anyone out there go a nice 4 string Status Shark they could be persuaded to part with? I sold mine a while ago and have regreted it ever since :(.

PM me if you have and I'll let you have my e-mail so you can provide some pics and details.

Cheers

Chris.
Edited by andre on 13-02-2006 21:15, 18 years ago
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
Chris, have you checked Ebay? There are two Sharks currently posted from a German seller:

1) Shark bass black - Buy it Now for £379 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STATUS-SHARK-BA...7331397601
2) Shark bass honey - Buy it Now for £299 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STATUS-SHARK-BA...3768946489

Don't know the seller though.
Andre
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Andre,

Thanks for the links, I have seen those ones as they have been on ebay for months now. What puts me off is that the reports I have heard about that seller have not been great.

Chris.
andreandre
Admin
Posted 18 years ago
Sure I understand, at least it gives you a rough idea of the value I guess
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
On the left in this picture is the Shark I sold. The sharp eyed amongst you will see the extra control pot as I fitted a Seymour Duncan pre-amp to give it more flexibilty. Was lovely to play with Status halfwounds on it.

The one in the middle is a bass I made and fitted a Status Board 301 pre-amp and Status soapbars in.

The one on the right is my favourite, my Status Empathy.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/chriswright/P4090001.jpg
M
MrWalker
Posted 18 years ago
Well... I cannot help you regarding a Shark 4. However, if I decide to get the Shark 5 here locally, and if I don't like it, I'll let you buy it. :D

This bass definately grows on me. From a "uh... maybe not" to "hmmm... that wouldn't be a bad bass, would it" to "yeah... hell... why not?!" in less than 4 days. :D
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I think I might have found one. :D Watch this space.
M
MrWalker
Posted 18 years ago
Did you find a 4-string Shark, status? :)

I'm very happy with my 5er. A little grounding noise occasionally, though, but that's it. I love the slim (but wide) neck...

I use it for jazzy bass solo pieces, and have tuned it E-C. I know it's not the "standard" use of a Shark, but it produces a round and mellow "jazz box guitar" sound, and works perfectly well for this use as well. So you'll work hard to convince me to sell it anyway... :D

What I have been considering is replacing the pickup by a Q-tuner... but it's not happening in a while yet. ;)
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
No was offered one at a time when I was short of funds so couldn't buy it.

I still plan to get one and hopefully if I manage to sell my house and buy the one I'm after there will be funds available to buy some new gear. I have my wish list and it will be fun to finally get some of them.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator