Statii London Meet up Oct 20?

Last updated on 17 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
There are only 2 music shops worth visiting in London (for us), The Bass Gallery & The Bass Centre. NOW, as I have had a skinful of being treated like a f**king monkey by the a**hole in the Bass Centre that just leaves Alex's shop, The Bass Gallery which, IMHO, is a wonderful place full of lovely basses (some nice rare ones) and a couple of great blokes.

http://www.thebassgallery.com/

I would say making the time to go here is a million times better than wandering around Denmark Street looking at crappy basses that are twice the price they should be.

Ping Alex (alexcar6677) and organise something maybe. He can take his Series II #38? which was re-furbed and apparently looks wonderful!

Wish I was gonna be there :(
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago
Thanks for the feedback themoo !

Shame but Alex won't be working that week, but let's go and visit anyway!!

André
Edited by andre on 03-10-2007 01:28, 17 years ago
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago
Bump ;)
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Yeh im up for the Gallery, there are a few basses there i like to get my paws on, the BassCenter is full of Warwicks, happy to go there if you guys want to, and well Denmark street is well Denmark street, Hanks is quite nice if you like acoustic guitars and the likes and there is another shop that ok , i forget the name , but mainly guitars. And there's Soundcontrol, always fun if you want to watch some teenager thrashing about on guitars.

What time do you want to meet , and Steve Im me you mobile,

And any other takers...

Trev
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago
Seems most shops close at 17:00, so how about 14:00?

I'll be there with my friend Sacha from Paris (but please don't mention the Rugby ... :o )

Time permitting, drinks are on me after shopping ;)
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
I know nothing of this Rugby you talk about, want to meet in Denmark Street first as it quite central then move up to the Bassgallery (a few stops on the Tube)
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago
That would work fine for me - Who is joining then?
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
That's fine here - I shall be able to make it to Denmark Street unaccompanied. Probably spending all of Friday in Gerrards!
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Sorry guys but I'm going to have to pass. It's my Mum's birthday and I daren't miss it. Ideally she'd be a bass fan and I could bring her along but sadly she isn't. :(

Have a great time.
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago

G-77 wrote:
Denmark Street Map

So we meet anywhere on the map :o or somewhere in particular ?
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Junction of Charing Cross Road and Denmark Street, 2pm
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
yep, call me if you get lost! Denmark street is only about 100 meters long so it not that easy to got lost in, unlike northampton ;)
Edited by G-77 on 16-10-2007 00:28, 17 years ago
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago
Pretty easy ;) See you there around 14:00
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Nobody else joining us?
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted

Darren GoldsmithDarren Goldsmith
Posted 17 years ago
I would loved to have come. I know Trevor but it would have been nice to meet the rest of you. I'm just too bogged down with work unfortunately. Have fun though! :)
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago

status wrote:
Sorry guys but I'm going to have to pass. It's my Mum's birthday and I daren't miss it. Ideally she'd be a bass fan and I could bring her along but sadly she isn't. :(

Have a great time.

Well it would have nice to bring her along, maybe a nice bass for her birthday ? ;)
MattheusMattheus
Posted 17 years ago
Have a nice day.... and need I say.. PICTURES PLEASE
andreandre
Admin
Posted 17 years ago
Well back home for now after a nice weekend in London!

Was nice to meet G77 and Steve as well as some other of members (believe there is a pic Angie?)

London weather was fabulous for the season, but the music stores in Denmakr street did seem to be copy and pasted from each other ;)

Now looking forward to the next Bash!
M
muso69ang
Posted 17 years ago
Yes there will be a pic. but hubby hasn't moved with the times!!! his camera takes film, so may be a while 'til they get developed. will post as soon as I have it. Good to meet you guys, see you at the bash??
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator