Headless Status Bass

Last updated on 17 years ago
R
Rhinobass
Posted 17 years ago
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to Statii however I have been reading it for just over a year and finally decided to become a member.
I am a huge fan of Status Quo and travel up and down the country following them trying to see as many gigs as possible. I am a huge fan of their Bass player John Rhino Edwards who uses a custom status which has been released for general sale by Status about 2 years ago called the charger.
Due to being inspired by Quo's bass player I decided to learn bass and join a Status Quo tribute band called Quos Status check us out at www.quosstatusmusic.piczo.com
It has always been my dream to own a Status Bass however due to my age of 17 I unfortunatly dont have the money to own a new one. Let alone my dream bass of the charger.

I was just wondering if any of you have a status bass at you are willing to sale which looks like the Rhino bass. I dont mind if it isnt the same colour and I'd prefer it to be headless. I dont even mind if its a Status/ washburn. I have £700 to spend so hopefully my dream of owning a status bass will one day come true.

Alex
Edited by Rhinobass on 29-09-2007 05:14, 17 years ago
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Hi Alex welcome to the forum, im sure you should be able to get something for £700

Gool luck
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 17 years ago
Hi Alex,

wellcome to the forum, I have seen that there is Status Washburn on the German ebay at the mo...have a look here:

[url]http://cgi.ebay.de/Washburn-Status-Headless-4-Saiter-Bass-KULT-TOP_W0QQitemZ160161609530
[/url]

Good luck!
Edited by andre on 01-10-2007 06:17, 17 years ago
R
Rhinobass
Posted 17 years ago
Thanks very much for that information Stenobass. Very tempted indeed with that bass. I will put a bid on in a few days.
Thank you also to G-77 for making me very welcome.

www.quosstatusmusic.piczo.com
Darren GoldsmithDarren Goldsmith
Posted 17 years ago
Welcome Alex... I hope you find what you're looking for... you can't go far wrong with any version of a Status.
A
AndyT
Posted 17 years ago
Hi Alex - if you're still looking I have a late 80s Washburn Status in dark red with black thru neck - however the electronics would need repairing. If you're still looking I can dig it out, post some pics then discuss.

Let me know.

Andy
R
Rhinobass
Posted 17 years ago
I will see how this item finishes on ebay first Andy if thats ok ! I'd rather not have to pay out for electronics to be repaired . I will see how the auction ends but if not I will certainly consider your bass.
Thanks ever so much
R
Rhinobass
Posted 17 years ago
Gutted I just got outbidded on the bass on ebay by £5 its was in the last few seconds and didnt have the time to bid back. :(
Without the Staus there wouldnt be the Quo.
www.statusquo.co.uk
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
this looks sweet, not quite a Rhino, but headless, and the wood looks very nice.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Status-Series-1...0167902652
Edited by andre on 08-10-2007 23:49, 17 years ago
R
Rhinobass
Posted 17 years ago
definatly , i will be watching that , thanks G-77
Without the Staus there wouldnt be the Quo.
www.statusquo.co.uk
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Leave it alone, it will be mine!! ;)
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
hahah what happened to getting a Streamliner Chris?,

I think that S1 look realy good , im even getting a touch of gas for it.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
My wife's new exhaust and other house move expenses put paid to the Streamliner idea. I plan to win this one though!
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Change of plan. Another bass came up that called out to me so I have brought that instead of the Series 1 on ebay.

Feel free to bid away on the Series 1 guys and girls.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 17 years ago
Where's it gone? One minute it is in my watch list and then it just disappeared. Bizarre.
G
girya32
Posted 17 years ago
I can explain.. ebay decided they didn't like the line I added about 'this bass is advertised elsewhere etc' which I put in case it never reached a tidy enough sum.
I suppose I'll just have to relist it....
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator