Irish Status Nut !

Last updated on 18 years ago
IrishbassIrishbass
Posted 18 years ago
Greetings from Ireland....
I have been playing bass semi professionally now for about 16 years but have been a bass nut for alot longer !! I would have to say hand on heart that my main influence for even starting to play was Mark King from the early 80's Level 42 days, I couldnt get enough of that Funky bass and I still love slap even though it is not so much in vogue these days. I bought my first Status just last year and I just wish it had been alot sooner! The wait was worth it though and I got myself a real hum dinger...shes a 1986 S2 Classic 4, neck through with some very exotic walnut wings. This bass is the punchiest, sweetest , warmest sounding bass I've ever played and is now my number 1 choice for almost every gig I do. The thing I cant get over is how totally versatile this beauty is because I play everything and I mean everthing...from pop to country, hard rock to Irish Trad and even a bit of Jazz, and the S2 can cover every gig with just some subtle changes in the onboard EQ. I bought the S2 from Level 42's biographer who was selling it on ebay. He was kind enough to send me a copy of the book when I bought the bass from him and as I flicked through the pic's I spotted one of Mark King from about 86/87 playing a bass identical to mine...maybe it even was it, at least I'd love to think so since he was such a hero of mine for many years.
Anyway I think the Statii site is really great and I look forward to becoming a regular participant in the forums....
Kindest regards from the Emerald Isle
Dave.:)

PS I will add some pics later on.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Dave,

A very warm welcome to Statii. Glad to hear you are enjoying your S2 and look forward to seeing some pictures. Perhaps you could also scan in and post the picture from the book and let's see if we think it really is yours.

What part of Ireland are you from? I am coming over in Dublin for a few days in May for the first time and am looking forward to the craik (hope that is the right spelling!).

Chris.
D
Doctor_Bass
Posted 18 years ago
Hi Dave!

That bass you bought may have been my old Series II - did it come in a flite case? Will see if I can find the pic I have of it! Mark's old Series II dates from a bit earlier ('82 I think).

Cheers!

Nick
68 basses, Status 2000 x 2!
IrishbassIrishbass
Posted 18 years ago
Hi Chris and Nick, thanks for the welcome...I live in Sligo, which is right up on the North West coast of Ireland on the Atlantic. Hope you enjoy Dublin Chris, you should have good Craic !! Nick the S2 came in a red and silver custom case which is very distintive so if it was yours you would know the case right off. I dont know how long Michael had it for but its an 86 from the serial no. Gorgeous bass in every way, I really cant fault it. I'll try to get pics up soon....
cheers Dave.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator