Your Fav Bass Track Is....??

Last updated on 18 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I'm hoping that people will list stuff i haven't heard and i''l be like... Oooooh, that's great!!!

I thought list them by: Artist - Song - Album - Bassist

So... mine is

Grace Jones - The Fashon Show - Slave to the Rhythm - Loius Jardim

just a perfect bass line!!

:D

over to you...
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
senmensenmen
Posted 18 years ago
The Real Me / The WHO

Of course we play it also with our WHO tribute band WHO ARE YOU

Oliver
www.whoareyouband.de
lefty68lefty68
Posted 18 years ago
Well here is one of my favorite bass line:TOTO,Can your hear what i'm saying, Past to present,Mike porcaro
;)
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago

senmen wrote:
The Real Me / The WHO

Of course we play it also with our WHO tribute band WHO ARE YOU

Oliver
www.whoareyouband.de

I was about to type the same thing...

so +1 for that.

-------------x------------ 1000 post -------------x------------
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
Edited by G-77 on 14-04-2006 07:24, 18 years ago
icemaniceman
Posted 18 years ago
Waaaaaay to hard...in fact, impossible for me...I could only list Favorite Bass Track - Lately and I'd still second guess myself...

Last month it was Peter "Mars" Cowling - "Medly, Parts 1 and 2" Pat Travers self titled LP, but really anything on that record or Putting it Straight,
or Doug Pinnick and "We Were Born To Be Loved" , "Sally", Kings X

Continually Tim Smith "New Mistake" "Bye Bye Bye" "He's My Best Friend" - Spilt Milk, Jellyfish

or Graham Maby "Steppin Out" - Night and Day, Joe Jackson
Geddy Lee "In the End"
Patrick Andrew "Merry Go Round" "My Time" PFR

How about Argent "Hold Your Head Up" for sheer simplicity

gosh I can't even think now there are so many I love....
icemaniceman
Posted 18 years ago
Can't believe I forgot "Every Kind of People" Double Fun - no idea who this monster player is but this version rips just slightly better for me than the Addictions Volume 2 version (which is outstanding as well in it's own right) guess I just love sweeping bass lines.
BassSteveBassSteve
Posted 18 years ago
I would have to go with Until You Come Back to Me by Aretha Franklin. Chuck Rainey and Bernard Purdie lay down the most amazing groove, and Chuck gives a seminar on all the little R&B tricks with his ghost notes, double stops and fake conga breaks.... it don't get any better in my book!!:D
S
Sylv1
Posted 18 years ago
King Crimson "Thrack" pfiuuuuuu...

;)
MalcMalc
Posted 18 years ago
The Real Me - vote number 3. And yes, Split the Kitty play it too - not so often at weddings, but it has been known.
icemaniceman
Posted 18 years ago
I knew I'd forget stuff...plus, I think I'm thinking song on a couple I listed...

Definitely agree with The Real Me...I mean, how can you argue with that!

Thrak! sweet...elephant talk, Matte Kudasai...fxf!

Oh man, I came here to post another one I'm dying I forgot and got sidetracked...ARGH!

Steely Dan - Josie but really the catalog/catalogue...

Country Music, A Night in Hell...Stu Ham

Night Shift, Easy Money, Midnight Madness, all of Foghat live - Craig MacGregor

Average White Band!
"the things that pass for knowledge I can't understand" Becker/Fagen
B
BuzzardBass_dot_Com
Posted 18 years ago
"No Reply At All" by Genesis. I have *no* idea where that bass line came from or what thought track the guy was on. I think it's because the lead guitarist probably played that bass part, so it could have been from a lead guitarist point of view. But it still provides the bass/backing beat and bottom end the song needs.

And of course, any song by The Who or John Entwistle. :)
Webmaster
http://www.buzzardbass.com
SteveSteve
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Teen Town or Fannie Mae, by Jaco Pastorius.

I'd say King Crimson, but the main bass lines arent played on a bass - its Trey Gunn and his Warr signature model.

Edit : Speaking of which, does anyone else follow Gordon Haskell (bass/vocals in KC in the late 70's)? He's got some really good jazzy/blusey solo records out - acoustics, doublebass, drums, occasional sax. Check it out if you've not already :) Harry's Bar is my favourite of his albums, think there are some samples on his site.
Status S2 5 String Fretless 'Moo-wood'
Status S1000 rebuild
Fender Strat - Fretted
Shadow Superstrat Guitar - Fretless
Ibanez RG Electric of some sort
Avalon As-101CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

I've owned 5 Statii so far, with 2 at present....
Edited by Steve on 21-04-2006 03:30, 18 years ago
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Have just been listening to some Dream Theatre CDs featuring the playing of John Myung. Totally awesome. Don't ask me to choose a track though as they are all great.
J
JMK
Posted 18 years ago
for me it's Pino Palladino for the Christian's hit single "words" ! this bassline is fantastic !
I will live for the groove 'till the sun goes down
johnghjohngh
Posted 18 years ago
Geddy Lee from Rush, The Big Money, try playing it and singing at the same time, or better still just try playing it !

Or, Same bloke, Red Barchetta

Or, Chris Squire, Close to the Edge

:)
Bass ClefBass Clef
Posted 18 years ago
Dream Theatre's bass lines are great! Had the pleasure of seeing them perform live in Bangkok on 25th jan this year. Incubus have some interesting bass sounds that I like too. Greetings all!:p
K
kidcharlemagne
Posted 18 years ago
I still get a great kick out of hearing Marcus Miller on David Sanborn's 'Run For Cover'. Absolutely slaptastic!

For the non-slappers, I love the the b-line for Steely Dan's 'Gaslighting Abbie' from their Two Against Nature album. Tom Barney's work, I think. Weirdly disjointed and painfully funky.

K.
B
blamelouis
Posted 18 years ago
Mine would have to be "True believers" by Level 42 or
"I was made to love her"S.wonder (jamerson)B)
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Yeah i have to say, 'Run for Cover' is a great bass line... especially live!!!

:D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Chris kChris k
Posted 18 years ago
Jonas Hellborg-It's the pits, slight return
Jonas Hellborg-Rosa
Jonas Hellborg-Glad To Be Back from Paris
Jonas Hellborg

Hellborg/Lane/Sipe-Heretics
Hellborg/Lane/Sipe-Time Is The Enemy

Stuart Hamm-Black Ice
Stuart Hamm-Kings OF Sleep
Stuart Hamm-Who Do You Want me To be Today?

Rush-Prime Mover
Rush-The Big Money
Rush-Time Stand Still

As you can see, I have a hard time making choices!
Gear

Status Series II #487
ACG Harlot Singlecut (#36 - the first one made)
Kubicki Ex Factor #1659
Ashdown MK500 Mark King combo amp

Crossfire/Strategy