Series 2 Kingbass

Last updated on 16 years ago
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
We've all had a glimpse of the up-coming Kingbass evolution, some of us more than others :D.

What would you definitely need to see or want on the next generation bass?

Headless, electronics, shape, etc
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
Edited by Angry-Canuck on 19-09-2008 05:27, 16 years ago
MisterpinkMisterpink
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
Off with their heads.......!!!!!
Essex..... Home of the Bass!!!!

UK Award Winning Wedding/Function Band:www.5catfish.com

HOT SAUCE Disco/Funk/Rare Groove covers band:www.HotSauceDisco.com

Sponsors
www.k-array.com/
www.gallien-krueger.com
www.purple-chili.com
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/crez5150/JayCramphorneavt.jpg
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
Good interesting question Todd,

For all it's worth(absolutely nothing) i don't really consider MKs new bass as a KB evo,i consider the Retroglide as the evolution model to date as to achieve the desired effect(chrome weave) it required a new process to achieve it.As far as i'm concerned to be an evo or mark 2 it's basics have to be the same but with a new revolutionary idea added.

The new KB mark 2 looks to me to be (shape wise) more like previous models.So really it's a totally different bass in my eyes and not really a KB.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago

daveski wrote:

For all it's worth(absolutely nothing) i don't really consider MKs new bass as a KB evo,i consider the Retroglide as the evolution model to date as to achieve the desired effect(chrome weave) it required a new process to achieve it.As far as i'm concerned to be an evo or mark 2 it's basics have to be the same but with a new revolutionary idea added.

The new KB mark 2 looks to me to be (shape wise) more like previous models.So really it's a totally different bass in my eyes and not really a KB.

I am sure you will see some ques from the current KB when the development stages are more complete
(biting tongue) B)
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
Yeah i hope so Todd,problem is if they don't keep the original body shape i can't quite see how it can be called a KB.If the bodyshape changes it may as well be called something else,but it's still the bass MK is using at the moment.

I'd expect that all the KB features,different scale lengths,bendwell,leds,headless will all be avaliable as they are on virtually all existing models.Maybe the electronics package will change?
@
@mikepbass
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
Apparently, the only person who owns one said it's fantastic - better than the original kb. Im not so sure though, as i am not a big fan of the JJ p/ups...
DamonDamon
Posted 16 years ago

daveski wrote:

I'm with you on this daveski. The MK2 KB is really just the name for Mark's second signature bass made by Status. When you think about the differences - headed, JJ pick-ups, different body shape. It's a completely new bass design.

If anything I see its design as being an evolution of the Matrix bass.
:)
K
kolbola
Posted 16 years ago
I think it's a good bass after a seven year "mistake". Ok, not a mistake, but the original Kngbass sound is too weak. It's a banjo, not a bass.
The full-body/full-top desing is good, but I think the best config is the mahagony body-maple top-Retroglde pickup (with plastic cover) solution.
The JJ PUs are not so good for the King sound.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago

kolbola wrote:
I think it's a good bass after a seven year "mistake". Ok, not a mistake, but the original Kngbass sound is too weak. It's a banjo, not a bass.

Are we talking from personal experience, or what you have heard from others such as Mark Kings sound?
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago
Is the name "Kingbass Mk2" an official name or is that a nickname everyone has given it until the production models are released. If that is the case then surely it is not an evolution but just a new design altogether. Or am I just splitting hairs.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago

BassBus wrote:
Is the name "Kingbass Mk2" an official name or is that a nickname everyone has given it until the production models are released. If that is the case then surely it is not an evolution but just a new design altogether. Or am I just splitting hairs.

I dont think there is any designation for the bass yet, will be interesting to see that as well
G
Gruntfuttock
Posted 16 years ago
if they made a headless 5 string stealth version, I'd be saving up for it.
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 16 years ago
Interesting, that comment about the KingBass having a "weak" sound! Yes, it's not as rounded as an S2, but it's still a mighty sounding bass by any standards!
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 16 years ago

OutToPlayJazz wrote:
Interesting, that comment about the KingBass having a "weak" sound! Yes, it's not as rounded as an S2, but it's still a mighty sounding bass by any standards!

Agreed Rich, I was wondering what the foundation for that comment was. I find there are so many tones available from the KB. Perhaps he is basing it on Mark Kings settings.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator