Series II stolen

Last updated on 15 years ago
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 15 years ago
I have received an e mail from a guy who
had his Status sII #81 stolen back in 2004.
He has since bought a new one from Rob
but would still like to know the whereabouts
of his precious bass. Has anyone on here seen this on their travels or even purchased it.
How many Statii owners on here can own up to
not having their precious basses insured?
These instruments are easy pickings for
the opportunist who fancies making a quick
wedge. It only takes the blink of an eye and your axe could be away on it's toes especially if you are playing in crowded pub type venues.
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 15 years ago

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:
I have received an e mail from a guy who
had his Status sII #81 stolen back in 2004.
He has since bought a new one from Rob
but would still like to know the whereabouts
of his precious bass. Has anyone on here seen this on their travels or even purchased it.
How many Statii owners on here can own up to
not having their precious basses insured?
These instruments are easy pickings for
the opportunist who fancies making a quick
wedge. It only takes the blink of an eye and your axe could be away on it's toes especially if you are playing in crowded pub type venues.

This guy is from the USA so any members on the site from over the pond please keep you eyes peeled. He is on the statusgraphitebassguitars@yahoo.com and his user name is bass face.
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago

BLUNDERTHUMBS wrote:
This guy is from the USA so any members on the site from over the pond please keep you eyes peeled. He is on the statusgraphitebassguitars@yahoo.com and his user name is bass face.

You mean...there are crooks in the US? Are you sure it wasn't Canada?

Rick the defensive
To know me is to love me, and I do.
Edited by Damn Yank on 30-11-2008 03:52, 15 years ago
special-boyspecial-boy
Posted 15 years ago
I never felt so sick in my life. My much beloved s2000 is s/n 81. Only on re-reading your post, did I see it was an SII. Makes you so mad when people swipe stuff. I am sure we all work incredibly hard (I know I do) to earn the money to buy them. I know I had wanted mine for years and if someone swiped it I'd be truly gutted.

Keith
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I have many pictures of Status basses but not seen this one before!

Not fun. I would go ballistic if one of mine was stolen! I would hunt high and low and slit the throat of the person responsible!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

moo wrote:

Not fun. I would go ballistic if one of mine was stolen! I would hunt high and low and slit the throat of the person responsible!!

Do you actually count your basses every day moo?

Because some Canadian here......well I don't want to say anything....:)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
When something dear to you is stolen, it is the material equivilent of being raped, brutal!

Worst part is, whomever stole the bass porbably has no idea what he has, or how much it means to its owner.:@:@:@:@

4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
The stinking Tea-Leaf should be strung up by the bollocks for half inching that bass!!:)
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Enzo wrote:

moo wrote:

Do you actually count your basses every day moo?

Because some Canadian here......well I don't want to say anything....:)

Not EVERY day. But I have no doubt that ..... WAAAAAAAAIT A MINUTE!!!

:o

Actually, I would only worry if Mike Prince came round as one could easily get lost in the crack of his a**

I should get my coat again huh!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Edited by moo on 30-11-2008 17:50, 15 years ago
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago

moo wrote:
Actually, I would only worry if Mike Prince came round as one could easily get lost in the crack of his a**

I guess Todd was right about you. I would have never guessed it. :|
Try and show some self control when Mike comes around.
And by all means don't post it here, your wife may find out. ;)

Rick the not so curious to know the truth about Moo
Edited by Damn Yank on 30-11-2008 19:06, 15 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Sounds like you're a tad obsessed with me Rick!!

Isn't dating one MAN enough for you???
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Ok, thats it!

I am out of here!

4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Todd K wrote:
Ok, thats it!

I am out of here!

Does that mean you're NEVER going to post on here again Todd??
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago

moo wrote:
Sounds like you're a tad obsessed with me Rick!!

Isn't dating one MAN enough for you???

No, Moo. I'm not obsessed with anything but my Streamline and the topless dancer (clothed for the pic) featured in my avatar. ;)
I just like to take what people say and turn it around.
And you give plenty of opportunities.
Thanks for being a good sport about it.
As I recall, you're no slouch at it yourself.
But if one of us has to be gay, my money is on the one who is obsessed with the crack of his friends a**.

Rick the happy to be a member of this forum
Edited by Damn Yank on 02-12-2008 04:16, 15 years ago
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago

moo wrote:

Todd K wrote:
Ok, thats it!

I am out of here!

Does that mean you're NEVER going to post on here again Todd??

Todd's going to be ok. He's just suffering from "male menopause". He's going through a series of emotional and hormonal changes right now. He's quite capable of doing or saying anything until he sorts through it.
Have patience with the lad. Remember, the members of this forum are probably the only friends the poor guy's got. Let's give him the time he needs to make the "change" to senior citizen gracefully.

Rick the understanding Yank
Edited by Damn Yank on 01-12-2008 05:16, 15 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator