UK trip 09.....

Last updated on 15 years ago
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Just back from London, I can't say I am speechless. So much I would like to tell but, lack of sleep and too much fun may have distorted my perception of reality!

Saturday before the gig at O2, several of us were at the residence of the famous couch enjoying a nice relaxing time and playing some wonderful Status basses. I was glad I brought the Retroglide with me so everyone could have a go at it, but I am not sure I want to hear "Lessons in Love" for a really long time!

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_0461.jpg
i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_0473.jpg
i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_0480.jpg

It was very great of Moo to host for us and the get together was not a meet, but more a family reunion. Can't think of a better bunch of people I could have been with on such a great day seeing Level 42 play for the first time. Too many laughs, my face still hurts!

Here is an indepth discussion between Andre and Moo regarding proper ways to hitch a ride....

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_0472.jpg

Darren having a go on the Starchild.....please....no more "Lessons in Love" !!!!!

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/darren_matt1.jpg

Nice shot of Darren and his lovely (and very patient) wife...

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/hayley_darren1.jpg

Monday morning Moo and I took a quick run up the the factory to see how my order is prgressing. I felt so bad, despite Dawn saying it was ok to drop by for a few minutes, they are just so busy there, hard to believe they can get anything done (poor Dawn). Monday afternoon I rented a little Fiat 500 and took a drive up to see Sir Darren and Hayley, had a great dinner at the local pub, beautiful small town they live in, very picturesque. Thank you so so much for your kind accoms.....

Big D' playing MK11 proto #2 whilst KB proto #2 sits beside him.

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/DarrensBass151.jpg

The next couple of days were spent hanging out with Sir Moo, talking basses, music, cars, women.....having fine beers, cigars....just brilliant!!!!!

Moo, you are such a fine gentleman, can't thank you enough.

Poor Moo, all his Status fleet was so busy being had by us, he was forced to play his "Lembic" (wink, Hayley, lol)

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_1003.jpg

It was really a high point in my life, the trip went without a hitch. I am so humbled and honoured to have friends take care of me as Moo, Darren, Rob and Dawn, Andre etc.

The Statii forum is a unique place with unique people, I am one happy and greatful man right now, *bows*
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
Edited by Angry-Canuck on 12-03-2009 05:30, 15 years ago
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
Amazing Todd, a totally unforgetable trip for you!! Thanks for sharing:D
strattybassstrattybass
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
we have to have a big meet up and make it an annual event im so green with envy looking at those beautiful basses.
glad you had a brilliant time todd.

Andy
Kingbass Black beauty
Kingbass Black beauty para
GB rumour
line 6 helix
TC Electronic Effects
tc rh450 head
tc 2x10 cab
MisterpinkMisterpink
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
I feel a Status Bass Bash coming on.......
Essex..... Home of the Bass!!!!

UK Award Winning Wedding/Function Band:www.5catfish.com

HOT SAUCE Disco/Funk/Rare Groove covers band:www.HotSauceDisco.com

Sponsors
www.k-array.com/
www.gallien-krueger.com
www.purple-chili.com
i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/crez5150/JayCramphorneavt.jpg
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I don't remember any of this...

Looks like Todd has discovered Photoshop!!

:D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
All I can say is well done Hayley - So many boys with toys !!!
;)
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Another superb pic from the Toggster

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/Picture2-8.jpg
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago
Good show, Todd! :)

Did you get any pics while at the factory?
To know me is to love me, and I do.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Damn Yank wrote:
Good show, Todd! :)

Did you get any pics while at the factory?

Thank you Rick.

In hindsight, the whole visit to the factory is not a good idea. Although Rob and Dawn are not the type of people to push away visitors, I could clearly see the the disruption it caused by showing up there. Really left me feeling guilty about going, as other than some stock basses, the factory is quite small and the processes used for building are secretive (rightfully so!).
Poor Dawn was trying to answer calls and keep communication between Rob and Gerry etc, all the while I am standing there like a 5 year old waiting for his treat. Quite frankly, imo, people shouldn`t really pop by as I so selfishly did. It is comparable to the one car on a very busy highway slamming on its brakes!

Having said all that, I still am curious to see how my bass is coming along!! :D:D:D
P
paul clifton
Posted 15 years ago
Moo, what's the controls on your Bic? Is it 20th anniversary with master volume and two separate pickup volumes instead of pan (ie mimicking Series II)?
Kingbass serial number 16 - rosewood and walnut
STATUS Hotwire strings 30-90 hex core
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Great post Todd! Glad you got home safe, it was a very brief meet but next time eh? The factory visit can feel like that but I can assure you it's all part of the Status service, why? That's why so many of you own a Status because of Rob and Dawns unique and unconditional sales style, they are just so genuine even if they possibly grumble about not getting much done with visits from us lot! They know the score and they wouldn't do it any other way I'm sure.

Looks like you did have a great meet! Darren? How was the 'Starchild'?
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
ooooooh... Another nice pic from the Canadian!!

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/Picture2-9.jpg

Good enough to eat!!!
Edited by moo on 12-03-2009 11:24, 15 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Crikey.... Just one more then!!!

i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/MatthewAshenden/Picture3-6.jpg
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I tool a walk to Soho on wednesday, thankfully the street signs are so basic in configuration, there was no way I could get lost.....

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_1340.jpg
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 15 years ago
More pics please, Sir Todd of Canada.
To know me is to love me, and I do.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I will post some more pics soon as I still haven't sorted them as I would like to. Lowering the res of the pics and uploading to photobucket also takes time. I'll get to it. :)

I always say, pictures are the only way to freeze time, so its really worth having them.
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago

Paul Clifton wrote:
Moo, what's the controls on your Bic? Is it 20th anniversary with master volume and two separate pickup volumes instead of pan (ie mimicking Series II)?

Hi Paul,

here are some more details on the electronics, you have already noted some aspects that come quite close to what you said...

The electronics were modified for the first owner of this MK Deluxe. The job was done by Edwin at the Bass Connection in Holland, the Alembic distributor for the Benelux countries.

The original was: volume, pan, filter, filter; Q switch and Q switch. The mods were the following:

1. added a master volume on the expected most front place
2. took out the pan and changed by a volume; so we got bridge and neck PU volumes.
3. Added a switch for circuit break with a red LED (red led replaced later by a switch for the red SIMS front & side led's) that indicated if the bass was on circuit break or not. It came from the time I mostly let the bass with the jack in. Those were done just up from the place were the jack would be.
4. the jack socket was replaced by a PU selector switch (not orginal in first place, but I ordered and fitted an original one later)
5. The jack socket was brought to the side.

The mods were done in order to bring them nearer to the Series II electronics, the main difference is still the fact that the Series II basses sport single coil pickups plus a hum cancelling PU as well as the continously variable Q filter (instead of the simple 2-way switches here)...

Ciao!
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
The Lembic (lol, Hayley) is most impressive for the impeccable condition it is in, as all of Moo's gear is.

I had the pleasure of playing it with a fresh set of Hotwire strings on it. Great bass, but out of my league.....

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_1023.jpg

i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/mazdaguy42/IMG_1034.jpg

T
travelingbassman
Posted 15 years ago
I say,,,,,,,,,,,,,DING DONG,what a fine looking filley.Just geogeous,this site is better than Penthouse !cheers
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

stenobass wrote:

Paul Clifton wrote:

Hi Paul,

here are some more details on the electronics, you have already noted some aspects that come quite close to what you said...

The electronics were modified for the first owner of this MK Deluxe. The job was done by Edwin at the Bass Connection in Holland, the Alembic distributor for the Benelux countries.

The original was: volume, pan, filter, filter; Q switch and Q switch. The mods were the following:

1. added a master volume on the expected most front place
2. took out the pan and changed by a volume; so we got bridge and neck PU volumes.
3. Added a switch for circuit break with a red LED (red led replaced later by a switch for the red SIMS front & side led's) that indicated if the bass was on circuit break or not. It came from the time I mostly let the bass with the jack in. Those were done just up from the place were the jack would be.
4. the jack socket was replaced by a PU selector switch (not orginal in first place, but I ordered and fitted an original one later)
5. The jack socket was brought to the side.

The mods were done in order to bring them nearer to the Series II electronics, the main difference is still the fact that the Series II basses sport single coil pickups plus a hum cancelling PU as well as the continously variable Q filter (instead of the simple 2-way switches here)...

Ciao!

What he said!!

:D

Thanks Stefano ;)

BTW, still only the one small (hardly noticeable) scratch on the back of her!!
Edited by moo on 16-03-2009 06:01, 15 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator