Another Newbie

Last updated on 15 years ago
S
scarified
Posted 15 years ago
Hi

I finally bought my first Status yesterday ... www84.pair.com/smara/2008_0712F10031.JPG.

It's somewhere in the mail right now .. on its way to the Sunshine State.

This joins my Warwick Streamer and Aria Pro II SB1000 (fretless) and gives me my all time top 3 basses. (I need a Kubicki ExFactor next).

I actually grew up in Chelmsford, Essex and was friends with quite a few people to worked at Status back in the 80s. Of course back then I was too poor actually own one. If any of you are reading this then "hello" !
Edited by scarified on 27-04-2009 08:55, 15 years ago
thumperthumper
Posted 15 years ago
Congrat's on the new Status and welcome to the forum!:)
...be kind to each other...
treebark55treebark55
Posted 15 years ago

scarified wrote:

This joins my Warwick Streamer and Aria Pro II SB1000 (fretless) and gives me my all time top 3 basses.

Two out of three's not bad, but I guess nobody's perfect! :D

I had an SB-1000 back in the early 80s, it is one of the great under-rated basses of all time, in my view.

Welcome to the funhouse!
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
Greetings!!! :D
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum.

Best regards,

Dave R.
Stand and Deliver!
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Welcome aboard.
As you may already know, once you have the bass in hand, we will all be crying for pictures! We'll see if you can stop at just 1 Status...B)
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
Edited by Angry-Canuck on 27-04-2009 09:53, 15 years ago
MattheusMattheus
Posted 15 years ago
Welcome to the club. A very nice collection.That Aria is indeed an underrated bass. I had a Aria Pro II SB Special II in the past. I sold it to fund finances for something else... I'm not very into the Warwick basses, but I did a sneak peak in the future: You will sell it to fund money for a real S2
to bass, or not to bass.
M
musicjobba
Posted 15 years ago
Hi scarified.
Congrats on the new bass. Since getting my Kingbass just over 5 years ago I've never looked back.
By the way, you say "Sunshine State". Where exactly are you? Do you mean Qld in Oz?
(I'm about to post a hello on the new memebers myself as I haven't done so yet!)
S
scarified
Posted 15 years ago
Hi - thanks for the welcomes. I am still waiting for the bass to arrive in the mail ... I'm in sunny Florida musicjobba.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator