Spalt M-401 Custom @ NS Design WAV4

Last updated on 14 years ago
D
dreambass
Posted 15 years ago
Putting a couple of my more unique items up for rehoming. I just need to thin the herd a bit.

Wild Spalt M-401 Hybrid Custom (S/N-005), Chromed Aluminum main body and peghead, Padauk/Zebrano body wings (bass side adjustable with thumb rest), 34"/24 fret Birdseye Maple neck & fretboard (1.5" @ nut), EMG 35DC w/BQC System (18v.), Hipshot Ultralite tuners, inlaid straplocks, Schicker ballistic gigbag, custom stand. Incredible sound and build quality. This is a very rare and totally unique instrument. $1995US www.spaltinstruments.com *Look in the Hybrids section.

As new NS Design WAV 4 EUB with stand and gig bag. Dark amber burst over ebony black neck and body. I bought this from Bass Central less than 3 months ago and have played it less than 1 hour. Just not me, I'll stick with my traditional fretless. No issues, low action, sounds wonderful. $695US www.nsdesigns.com

Shipping CONUS included, overseas..... whatever the actual cost is.

Email for pics if serious, I'm having trouble posting them (again!).

KWS
Ken Smith/Albany, NY, USA

David King C4 Custom 32"
Linc Luthier Custom Fretless 4
Euphonic Audio iAmp350C, (3)iAmp500/UK
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
NAU Custom All Tube Hand-built 265 watt Stage Amp.
Stewart 2.1 Power Amp w/A.M.P SL-1 Preamp
Ashdown Superfly 500 w/Superfly 48 Cabinet
JonasOfBorgJonasOfBorg
Posted 14 years ago
Hello Ken,
I am currently looking to save up for a decent EUB after the rather disappointing experience with the Ministar Basstar and was wondering what you would ask for the NS WAV bearing in mind that I am in Belgium? Particularly worried about overseas shipping and damage as a result...
Btw that Spalt is far out but looks very incomfortable and possibly even dangerous to play! Do love the vViper though.
For sale: Red Status S5000
For sale: White Westone Spectrum V5 (now fretless)
Edited by JonasOfBorg on 10-02-2010 22:14, 14 years ago
D
dreambass
Posted 14 years ago
As weird as the Spalt looks it is actually very comfortable to play (after all it was designed by a German). The neck is very Jazz-like and the EMG system is very effective. My kids call this the "Skeletor Bass". I'm attracted to unique designs and construction and this bass delivered 110% on both. The build quality is exceptional and the only reason I'm selling it is that I want to have a new fretless built.

As for the NS WAV, it's a very nice piece in mint condition. I'm not an upright player and wanted to see if I could get the "juices flowing again" so I gave an EUB a try. As cool as it is it's just not me. It was set up at Ned Steinberger's shop in Maine and plays easier than I ever believed possible. I would expect that a real upright player would want to raise the action so they could dig in. I'd like to see $650US but shipping and duty would be your issue. I comes with a very heavy gigbag for the bass and stand and I have the original box and packing materials. Let me know if you have any interest. Cheers! Ken
Ken Smith/Albany, NY, USA

David King C4 Custom 32"
Linc Luthier Custom Fretless 4
Euphonic Audio iAmp350C, (3)iAmp500/UK
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
NAU Custom All Tube Hand-built 265 watt Stage Amp.
Stewart 2.1 Power Amp w/A.M.P SL-1 Preamp
Ashdown Superfly 500 w/Superfly 48 Cabinet
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator