Another noob down under

Last updated on 15 years ago
E
evilgus
Posted 15 years ago
Hi folks,

Just picked up an '89 Washburn Status 1000 from the Bass Centre in Melbourne, so I guess I'm half a Status owner? :) But the flow-on effect of having that is that I'm probably going to order an S2 Classic 5-string soon, roughly 5 years after emailing Rob about it the last time. Even though I'm really digging the headless, might still have to go headed for the extra scale-length. Will do some searching and ask more questions before deciding, of course!

Here's a pic of the Washy, it's in pretty good nick aside from a few extra strap-hole buttons and a bit of buckle rash on the back. Plays well enough and electronics are all good.

Cheers,

Justin

Sydney, Australia
You do not have access to view attachments
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Welcome aboard.

If I am not mistaken, there is no difference in scale length from headed to headless unless you have the "Bendwell" option.

+ bonus point for posting a pic, despite being a "mock" Status B)
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
E
evilgus
Posted 15 years ago
Tech specs indicate the headed models are 3/4" longer, which probably isn't noticeable on a 4-string, but would make enough difference on a 5. I'm currently using a mix of 34, 35 and 37 (Dingwall) scale basses, so 34 3/4 is no biggie. :)

Mmm, am dreaming of a Tulipwood-topped Classic... :)

EG
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
You might want to check with Rob, I seem to remember mention of all basses being produced in one scale for future production....but....I have been wrong many many times before!!
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

Todd wrote:
....I have been wrong many many times before!!

Oh yes you have... In fact, the phrase "wrong 'un" is dedicated to you and you alone!

Nice bass by the way... Hope we can get you up to a fully fledged Status soon as poss!!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Justin, Welcome on-board. That's a really evil pic! :)
Stand and Deliver!
RetroronRetroron
Posted 15 years ago
G'day Cobber!! Welcome! You don't have a mate called Bruce do you? :D
A
alanbass1
Posted 15 years ago
Welcome. You will find that string gauge will make a bigger difference than three quarters of an inch in scale length.
M
musicjobba
Posted 15 years ago
G'day mate,
I was wondering why the Washburn diappeared off the basscenter web site, now I know.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the bass.
E
evilgus
Posted 15 years ago
Sorry to say that Todd is, in fact, correct. :) I found a post from Rob from last October, indicating he was planning to drop the 34.75" scale length. I guess it must have gone ahead, based on comments from others. Not fussed, really, the idea of a 34" headless Status is looking good in my mind...

And on the topic of Bruces down under, I probably know as many Bruces as you Yanks know guys called Chuck. :) Actually, I'm 100% sure that there's far more Chucks than Bruces!!! :D Actually, that sounds even better than "Chucking a Wobbly"...."Chucking a Bruce"!!!

Thanks for the nice welcome guys, hope to be around for a good while. :)

EG
Edited by evilgus on 04-05-2009 01:36, 15 years ago
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago

evilgus wrote:
Sorry to say that Todd is, in fact, correct. :)

EG

Hey, don't be sorry. That makes 2 times this year I was right, I am on a roll ! B)
andreandre
Admin
Posted 15 years ago
Late welcome to the forum mate ! Nice bass - Enjoy it !!
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago

Todd wrote:

evilgus wrote:
Sorry to say that Todd is, in fact, correct. :)

EG

Hey, don't be sorry. That makes 2 times this year I was right, I am on a roll ! B)

Even a blind chicken gets a kernel in the barnyard every now and then Todd. :D:D

Welcome to forum evilgus, its quite the circus around here :). Seriously though, there's some fine knowledgable and informative folks here. Congrats on your Washburn, and best of luck with your future Status purchase.
Edited by youngjr1 on 04-05-2009 09:43, 15 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator