Hi - Status Fan from Tonbridge

Last updated on 15 years ago
T
Trev
Posted 15 years ago
Hi folks,

Been lurking for a while and decided to join in the fun!

Massive Status fan, although unfortunately, due to depression and not working for a couple of years I am currently without Statii!!!

However, I owned my first Status in about 1992, a Matrix. I then went on to play semi-professionally and have owned three S2's, 3 Kingbasses, an S1 5 string fretless and spent a ridiculous amount of time drooling over your basses here and on the Status website.

Here are a couple of songs with me playing from about 10 years ago playing an S2 and hopefully doing it justice:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=836060

I consider Rob to me one of the finest luthiers/ designers in the country, if not the world, and am looking forward to recovering from the bad times and joining the Statii owners again!

For reference (and to torture myself!), here are a few pics of tyhe beauties that have slipped through my hands:

i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/Smackett_2007/DSC00360.jpg

S2, spalted maple top over mahogany, front red LED's. Boy, what a top! Almost like Moo wood!

i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/Smackett_2007/DSC00527.jpg

Kingbass - graphite shell over (I believe) alder - 16.5mm spacing, Bendwell. Awesome bass.

i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/Smackett_2007/DSC00308.jpg

Stealth, green tint and front and green LED's. A vision of green!

i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/Smackett_2007/DSC00685.jpg

S2 Bolt-on, satin lacquer, nice flame maple top.

Hope you enjoyed the pics and intro - I look forward to hanging around on this great forum!

Thanks,

Trev

PS - a different Trev! ;)
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Trev and welcome on board. Some lovely basses you have had there. I'm sure everyone will agree with your sentiments about Rob's (Sir) design and build. Just look at Todd's new bass. Supreme!
d4dved4dve
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Trev,

Welcome! Great to see your chronology of Statii.

Best regards,

Dave R.
Stand and Deliver!
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Welcome aboard!

You have indeed had the pleasure of possessing some very nice Status basses, we'll have to get you back in the saddle soon enough. :)
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 15 years ago
Welcome Trev. Those were some lovely basses, I particularly like that green Stealth, very slick. Hope your fortune changes soon and you get another of these fantastic instruments.
T
Trev
Posted 15 years ago
Thanks guys!

What a great forum!

:)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator