[sfx] labs wants you!

Last updated on 15 years ago
Silent FlySilent Fly
Posted 15 years ago
[sfx] started a new initiative: [sfx] labs.

You can find more details here: sfxsound.co.uk/labs

All the best,
Max [sfx]
sfx sound - High Performance Audio
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
Great idea Max, that is a great way to meet the demands of your customer base and achieve real life developement.

I am about 150 kms from London Ontario, does that count? :D:D
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
lefty68lefty68
Posted 15 years ago
I wish i were in England,i love the idea!!!

Regards

André
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 15 years ago
I've seen this gear and so I wish Max all the best luck with this great venture.

Great idea to work with people like this!

I wish I wasn't so tone deaf (and ass poor at playing bass) otherwise I would jump at the opportunity to work with you!!!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
Silent FlySilent Fly
Posted 15 years ago

moo wrote:
I've seen this gear and so I wish Max all the best luck with this great venture.

Thanks for your kind words Moo.

moo wrote:(...)
I wish I wasn't so tone deaf (and ass poor at playing bass) (...)

Both statements are definitely untrue.
Silent FlySilent Fly
Posted 15 years ago

Todd wrote:
Great idea Max, that is a great way to meet the demands of your customer base and achieve real life developement.

I must say that phrased like that, it sounds a little bit like a marketing slogan :)

The main reason I am doing [sfx] labs is that I don't believe in engineering as a solitary creative effort. Within reason I can design more or less what I want but I fear that inevitably, what I end up building is not always what other people are interested in.

One of the reasons I like [sfx] is that it is great opportunity of meeting people and enriching their musical experience. I am genuinely interested in musician’s feedbacks about my work. Since I started I always been in contact with other musicians. I though that a more structured approach will be more effective than simply sending my devices to some friends to test.

Luckily, so far all feedbacks I received have been very positive (I posted a couple of new reviews in the “Custom Shop” section if you are interested). Having said that, I feel that I need to go beyond the “comfort zone” and push myself towards new targets - which phased like that sounds like a marketing slogan :)

Todd wrote:I am about 150 kms from London Ontario, does that count? :D:D

:D

One of the reasons I had to limit [sfx] labs to UK residents are the postage costs. In practice apart from the shipping charges, posting a device to Manchester or Los Angeles doesn’t make a huge difference.

Through basschat.co.uk and other channels I received a lot of requests for joining [sfx] labs. Considering that a good number are from London (UK) I may be able to put together a group that actually meet periodically to work on new ideas.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator