Blue Status bass in Singapore Photos added

Last updated on 14 years ago
Posted 14 years ago
Hi, I am new to this forum. I have been offered a Status bass from what I think could be made in the 90's.Can anyone help with identifying the attached bass model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched a bit in your threads, but cannot seem to locate anything similar- is it a series 3000? i reckon its not a bolt on. Whats it worth approx in pounds?

Thank you!
Edited by G-77 on 23-11-2009 21:17, 14 years ago
Posted 14 years ago
Having issues attaching image. Anyhow, its headless like the series 4000, without any sign of neck joints, seems like a neck through with 2 status jazz pick ups. 1 pick up selector, 1 vol and 1 treble boost.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
The Series 3000/4000 were both had bolt on necks so if you cannot see any join it won't be one of them. The series 3000 had a wooden body with graphite bolt-on neck, Series 4000 had a composite body with graphite bolt-on neck. Do you know if the neck is wood or graphite. If it is a wooden neck it might be a resprayed Washburn Status Series 1000. You can tell that by the plastic trusrod cover at the body end of the neck.

Washburn Status basses have been going for around £325 on ebay recently. Series 3000/4000s don't come up much but a good one might fetch around £400.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Graham
Posted 14 years ago
Thanks Graham for the reply.I did think it could have been a Washburn status 1000-but no text evident next to pick up and the bridge says made in England. Respray? Must be a good job then, but who would take the trouble? No truss rod cover or cavity evident. Its all lacquered and neck feels like graphite. I play a Fender Jazz and a Zon Sonus, so I can tell the difference. Perhaps I will get the serial number. Check top of the neck?

The volume control has like '1000 clicks' as you turn it.

Anyhow, I re size the pics...

Cheers,

Ian
youngjr1youngjr1
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
You can't attach photos directly to the forum post. Create and account at Photobucket or the like and then copy the image link into your post. Good luck, and welcome to the forum!
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
You can attach one photo to a post, only one though. Photobucket is the best way to go though as you don't have to resize anything.

Who would go to the trouble of respraying a S1000. There have been two up for sale in the last year. The first was passed off as a genuine Status but that was withdrawn as soon as the mistake was pointed out. The second was sold on ebay last week.
Edited by bassbus on 23-11-2009 07:16, 14 years ago
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
here she is,
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/status/bluestatus1.jpg
homepage.mac.com/editbox/bassworld/status/bluestatus2.jpg
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
not a 3000 or a washburn, so is it a 4000?
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Ian, have you taken the cover off the control cavity? You might be ablt to tell what the body is made from in there. I'm stuck otherwise. Nice looking bass though.
andreandre
Admin
Posted 14 years ago
Looks like a 4000 to me !
Posted 14 years ago
Thanks Trevor for loading the pics. Yes, I thought of the 4000, but there is no sign of screws behind, its seamless. I will try to open the cavity. Thing is, I don't actually have it with me. Its in a shop, but the owner is a friend, so should be fine.

Any advise on how one might recognise dates, serial numbers and stuff around the body?

Thank you all!
I
itzs
Posted 14 years ago
Hi, which shop is this at? I've got a series 3000 here in sg also ... and wondeirng how the series 4000 would sound compared to it. =)
Nordy VJ5
Fender Marcus Miller IV
Status Series 3000
Gheisen Fretless
Yamaha BB V
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator