the perfect bass-amp

Last updated on 14 years ago
Phantom NINPhantom NIN
Posted 14 years ago
I've got a TC Rebelhead 450 and a 2x10 and it sounds great, very punchy. Although for general playing and small rehearsals I use the 1x12 as it is so easy to carry, I can actually carry it in one arm and my streamline and amp bag over the other shoulder.
The whole stack sounds thunderius for it's size.
I love the eq footpedal as you can radically change your eq so quickly, and no messing about. An it's not fiddly to change.
As for sounding with a status all I can say is that it sounds great to me....there are purer sounding amps (Phil Jones stuff comes to mind) but the clarity you do get the wild range of sounds available even without pedals suits me.
It's also a great (if slightly large) headphone amp...much better than the (smaller) bass buddy that I have.
Oh, AND the red and black head goes great with my black with red logo streamline...only wished I got the LED's on it, then it would have completly matched.
Drew, owner of:

Status Streamline 4 32"/16.5mm
Status Streamline 5 32"/16.5mm

TC Electronics Rebelhead 450
RS 2x10
RS 1x12
JimJim
Posted 14 years ago

Phantom NIN wrote:
I've got a TC Rebelhead 450 and a 2x10 and it sounds great, very punchy. Although for general playing and small rehearsals I use the 1x12 as it is so easy to carry, I can actually carry it in one arm and my streamline and amp bag over the other shoulder.
The whole stack sounds thunderius for it's size.
I love the eq footpedal as you can radically change your eq so quickly, and no messing about. An it's not fiddly to change.
As for sounding with a status all I can say is that it sounds great to me....there are purer sounding amps (Phil Jones stuff comes to mind) but the clarity you do get the wild range of sounds available even without pedals suits me.
It's also a great (if slightly large) headphone amp...much better than the (smaller) bass buddy that I have.
Oh, AND the red and black head goes great with my black with red logo streamline...only wished I got the LED's on it, then it would have completly matched.

Thanks for this - GAS getting bad now..... Just need to sort the day job sitation, get it all on 12 months interest free from Bonners, and sell off all my Trace stuff /sob..... Bu it will be great to use the combo for rehearsals and small gigs then have the 4 x 10 stack for bigger stuff with room to spare in the car too (why does the bass player always cop for the PA too... ??!:o

PS - SimS will retro fit LED's for you ;)
[url]
http://www.simscustom.com/[/url]

or see the other thead on FretFX - they do red too!
- Status Empathy 4 String Headless SimS SensiLight LEDs
- Status "The Groove" 5 String
- Fender Squier Contemporary Active Jazz Bass
- Hohner B2 Steinberger Copy
- Crafter Electro-Acoustic Bass
- Fender Squier Affinity P-Bass
- TC Electronic RH750 + RS210 + RS112
- Trace Elliot Series 6 715 1 x15" Combo (For Sale!)
- Peavey Microbass Practice Amp
Edited by Jim on 03-06-2010 06:07, 14 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator