Hi all

Last updated on 14 years ago
Posted 14 years ago
Hello,

Thought I'd pop along and introduce myself. My name is Stuart Clayton, bassist, writer and teacher. I'm sure I'll know some of you from other forums!

Shockingly, I'm not currently a Status owner, although I've a couple in the past. My first 'good' bass was a Status all graphite series 2000, which I had retrofitted with LEDs by Martin Sims - it was the first graphite bass he had done. I ended up selling it to Mike Brooks, a fellow Bass Guitar Mag writer, so I know it's in safe hands!

I also owned a 6-string, but I can't remember what model it was. In fact, I believe I sent a pic to Rob and even he couldn't recall what it was! Anyway, it was a lovely bass, finished in a red sunburst colour. I added blue LED's to it, but the 6-string thing never caught on for me.

Anyway, that's me. Nice to be here.

Cheers
Stuart
andreandre
Admin
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Stuart good to have you here!
Feel free to browse around and if you feel like a Status, don't hesitate !
You could even win one in our Christmas Raffle ;)
G-77G-77
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Stuart welcome to the forum.
KingBass Prototype 4, MooWood KingBass, Streamline
L
Leetav
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Stuart, good to hear from you again mate :)
T
Trev
Posted 14 years ago
Welcome Stu!

You should post a few of your You Tube clips to introduce people to your playing!

:)

Trev
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Welcome aboard!

So whats your Status gonna be?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Nice to have you here Stuart!

I have a complaint for you though... I purchased some of your Level 42 books a while back and I'm still s**t at playing bass!!!

What's that all about??

;)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
thumperthumper
Posted 14 years ago

moo wrote:

I have a complaint for you though... I purchased some of your Level 42 books a while back and I'm still s**t at playing bass!!!

What's that all about??

;)

Me too!!!!:@

Welcome aboard!
...be kind to each other...
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

thumper wrote:

moo wrote:

What's that all about??

;)

Me too!!!!:@

Welcome aboard!

Hahahahaha ! Me 3 !

By now it's clear that Stuart can't do miracles yet but only great books !

Even my ex Empathy enjoyed them at bed time...
i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc242/enzo42/DSC_0006.jpg

Btw welcome in this forum :)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
Edited by enzo on 05-12-2009 18:53, 14 years ago
Posted 14 years ago
Hi eveeryone,

Thanks for the warm welcome, and it's nice to hear that some of you are enjoying the level 42 books that I wrote.

guess I had better get my hands on a Status!

Stu
Darren GoldsmithDarren Goldsmith
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Stuart... welcome to the forum!

Just for the record, I don't own any of your books... and I'm a sh*t player too. Which goes to prove something but I don't know what :)
Status Series II - #397
Jonas Hellborg Signature
King Bass Prototype #1
King Bass Prototype #2
King Bass MkII Prototype #002 (The Stuttgart Bass)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator