Hello Everyone!

Last updated on 14 years ago
Posted 14 years ago
Hi everyone!

I've been playing a Washburn Status Series 1000 since around '92 or '93. I love that bass and have always wanted to get a Status bass made by Status, so I recently bought a used Status 5 string off of Ebay (I don't know what the model name is). I've never owned a 5 string before, but I've tried some out at the music store, but have always felt like something wasn't right for me with the basses I tried. So, when I received the used Status 5 string off of Ebay, the first time I put it in my hands, it was a feeling of "Ahhh...this is the bass I've been looking for!" The low B sounds so clear and powerful and the bass plays really well.

I thought buying the bass would satisfy my hunger, but I must admit I was wrong...it only made hunger worst to acquire more Status basses! :D So, I've bought 3 tickets for the Streamline raffle hoping for the best. ;)

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and also thank you for such a nice site about Status basses.

Mike

i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv274/FiniusFunk/Status2.jpg

========================================
=======================
Status Energy 5 String
Washburn Status Series 1000
Kubicki Factor
Peavey Cyberbass (Midibass)
Fender fretless
SWR SM-900
SWR Goliath III
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. Your bass is a Status Energy 5. Very nice basses. And yes, Status basses are an addiction. Basically, there is nothing as good as a Status out there. Period.

I've culled my collection down in the last year from six Statiis to four - The four I need. Only problem now is that I WANT more, LOL! :D
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Mike. Welcome in!
thumperthumper
Posted 14 years ago
Welcome aboard!:)
...be kind to each other...
T
Trev
Posted 14 years ago
Welcome Mike!

:)
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Welcome to the addiction.

Increase your carbon fiber footprint, ()
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
Posted 14 years ago
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

OutToPlayJazz - Thanks for identifying my bass...now it should be a bit easier for me to do some research on it!
=======================
Status Energy 5 String
Washburn Status Series 1000
Kubicki Factor
Peavey Cyberbass (Midibass)
Fender fretless
SWR SM-900
SWR Goliath III
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator