Howdy!

Last updated on 14 years ago
M
M-Bass-M
Posted 14 years ago
Hello all,

I'm actually a long-time lurker on these forums, on account of having a long-term interest in Status basses. My reason for registering only now is because I'm just placed an order for a sparkly new S2 :D

My fascination with Status basses came from seeing the first adversts in the old "Bassist" magazines. I remember there being an absolutely gorgeous blue sunburst Eclipse, along with a stunning walnut Empathy 6-string. At the time I was playing a Fender Precision, but as soon as a bit of money came my way, a 6-string thru' neck Empathy quickly became mine!

Unfortunately, a 6-string bass was beyond my playing skill, and I part-ex'd it for a Fender Jazz - possibly the worst ever transaction I've ever done. If you picked up a 6-string Empathy from the Bass Centre in Manchester, then let me know how much you paid - either you got a bargain, or the Bass Centre made a killing!

Since then, a 5-string passive Shark and 4-string active shark have also passed through my hands. Again, as much as I enjoyed playing them, I had to cut down to a single bass, and my Jazz still remains a trusty workhorse.

Of course, that's soon going to change with the arrival of my new Status! I also have plans to add more Statii's whenever possible. A headless is on the list, along with a T-bass - I need to earn some more money soon!

Anyway, good to be here, and I'll keep you posted with the new S2!

Cheers

Mark
treebark55treebark55
Posted 14 years ago
Greetings, Mark!

Mark
AndyLongAndyLong
Posted 14 years ago
Excellent choice - is it me or does there suddenly seem to be a lot of S2 ordering going on around here all of a sudden.

Brilliant bass, I love mine!
www.myspace.com/sleepingplanet
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Welcome to the forum Mark !
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
C
christianbassman
Posted 14 years ago
Great to have you onboard,take care mark
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator