Status 4000

Last updated on 14 years ago
Posted 14 years ago
Hello

I got a Status 4000 and i'd like to know wich year it was manufactured.

The serial is the same as my nick: 211

Searched google and stuff but can't find anything about Status serial numbers.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Welcome to the forum of the best basses on the planet. The best place to find out about your bass would probably be Rob at Status. Just drop him an email. He might take a wee while to get back to you, he's a busy man, but he will reply.
Posted 14 years ago

BassBus wrote:
Welcome to the forum of the best basses on the planet. The best place to find out about your bass would probably be Rob at Status. Just drop him an email. He might take a wee while to get back to you, he's a busy man, but he will reply.

Thanks for the welcome.

That was my first thought but it seems he is not willing to respond to that sort of questions since he wrote his on the hompage:

"PLEASE NOTE
Sorry, but we can not comment on older basses
or give any idea of their value.

Because of time restraints, it is also not possible to supply information
about the age or production details of instrument."

So i am hoping that someone here has an answer for my question :)
stenobassstenobass
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
From what I can see in the catalogues section of this great website the Series 4000 was introduced at the end of the 80s. I guess your bass may be built in 1991 or so...

Ciao & welcome!

Stefano
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Its not easy for Rob to respond to everything, something you have to keep in mind......

He is like a one man show in the sense that he overseas all business operations from development, marketing, sales, assembly....every possible aspect right down to the finishing touches!

Considering how much he has on his plate, its hard to believe he has time to take a piss. Bless him ()

He is really a fantastic guy, very helpful, but he has to prioritise, otherwise nothing would get done. My past visits to the shop have made me see how crazy busy it is for Rob and Dawn which gives me even that much more respect for them.
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
Posted 14 years ago

stenobass wrote:
From what I can see in the catalogues section of this great website the Series 4000 was introduced at the end of the 80s. I guess your bass may be built in 1991 or so...

Ciao & welcome!

Stefano

Thanks Stefano!

1991 sounds like it could be right.

Todd wroteIts not easy for Rob to respond to everything, something you have to keep in mind......

He is like a one man show in the sense that he overseas all business operations from development, marketing, sales, assembly....every possible aspect right down to the finishing touches!

Considering how much he has on his plate, its hard to believe he has time to take a piss. Bless him Clap

He is really a fantastic guy, very helpful, but he has to prioritise, otherwise nothing would get done. My past visits to the shop have made me see how crazy busy it is for Rob and Dawn which gives me even that much more respect for them.

Yes absolutly.

I understand that he does not have very much time left and it must be exhausting building the best basses in the world!

It must have been nice to visit the shop. Someday i'm going to visit it myself and order a new 5string!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator