Questions for all Status b-2 owners

Last updated on 14 years ago
A
Annabelleb2
Posted 14 years ago
Hey everyone I am new to the forum but I have some questions for all b-2 owners. How do you like the bass? How does it play? How is its versatility in non Who situations? lol How is the neck. What is the size and shape comparable to lets say the typical fender style? How is the sound as well? I play in a country band in the U.S.(the modern style of country) and we are gigging and traveling enough now where I want to buy a good quality instrument to take on the road and enjoy and really get to use. I have been a big John Entwistle fan since the first day I started playing and I love the sounds that he had with this bass well the B1 (even though I know it was a combination of him, the instrument, effects, and his crazy bi and even tri amping systems) How do you like playing on a graphite neck compared to wood? Also how is the stability of the neck? I used to work at a kayak shop where they sold carbon fiber graphite paddles and even boats. They were very durable so I am assuming the neck is very stable which is something I need traveling thru the different climate changes that we see. Anyway Thank you to all who reply it would help me alot because I have never played nor even seen a status bass personally. They are kinda rare here in the states.
Thanks again 8-)
Larry- www.annabelleroad.com

P.S. if anyone has any sound samples of the bass that would be cool
Thanks 8-)
Edited by Annabelleb2 on 07-03-2010 16:40, 14 years ago
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Larry, welcome to the forum !
Unfortunately I can't help you on the B2, I never played one and I've seen only a couple for sale in a long time.
One of the members, "senmen" had one for sale on ebay in Germany a few days ago, you might want to PM him. Btw he's the authority in what ever regards "The Who".
Re Status basses in general I can tell you that they're very reliable high quality instruments. They're also very flexible, they can be used pretty much with any kind of music.
Thanks the graphite neck, like you said, they're are incredibly stable, requiring very little adjustments no matter the climate changes they go thru. If that's one of the priority, well you'll find in a Status bass a perfect tool. Size and shape of the neck can vary depending also on string spacing. On a regular one for example, there is less taper compared a Fender, which makes easier to change position quickly.
Sound sample ? YouTube is the answer.
Hope this helps.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
Edited by enzo on 07-03-2010 18:06, 14 years ago
A
Annabelleb2
Posted 14 years ago
Thanks!!!!!
senmensenmen
Posted 14 years ago
Larry, check your PM.
Oliver
B
boris_spyder
Posted 14 years ago
I use a B2 for just about all of my gigs. Its versatile and bullet proof and covers a good deal of ground in terms of tone. I will caution you that it does not sound like an all wood instrument, and sometimes I do pull out a P-bass in order to get an old school passive wood bass sound. The other thing to keep in mind is the 26 fret neck. It is loooong. While I feel like its a p-bass on steroids you really want to be playing Entwistles style with your right forearm resting in the "wing" of the body to get optimum balance. Also, it makes any other instrument feel like a toy because of its length. If you are not willing to make the commitment to these differences you might want to look at another Status model with 24 frets and a more standard feel. Whichever one you get it will sound great.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator