Strap locks

Last updated on 14 years ago
L
lscolman
Posted 14 years ago
Hi,

Are straplocks available for the standard strap pins on a Status bass? Just got my hands on Prototype 23, and don't want it getting damaged...

Cheers, Lee
Status Black Beauty Prototype 23 '03
Jaydee Roadie 2A Custom
L
lscolman
Posted 14 years ago
Attached a pic of Mark playing Prototype 23 at Circus Tavern in 2003. He has straplocks here, so they must be available?
Jaydee Roadie 2A Custom
Edited by lscolman on 27-03-2010 01:09, 14 years ago
You do not have access to view attachments
D
daveski
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
The bass already has Schaller strap lock buttons on, so you just need to buy a set then you will have the ends that attach to your strap. i did not forget to put them in the case, they were never there when i bought it.
J
Jd
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
were'nt there when i had it either, but should be easy to get hold of.

J.
Status S2 Paramatrix.
Status S3.
Status S2.
GB Spitfire.
Fender Geddy Lee signature.
Amplification by TC Electronic.
Pants by M&S.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
Hmmm, I am not sure if they were there when I had it, but maybe when Moo had it they were there, best to ask him?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago
They're very cheap so just best to pick some up!!!

:)
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

Todd wrote:
Hmmm, I am not sure if they were there when I had it, but maybe when Moo had it they were there, best to ask him?

:D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
L
lscolman
Posted 14 years ago
Hi,

I wasn't saying that straplocks should have been with the bass. I was just showing a pic of mark playing the bass with some attached, to prove it could be done. They do appear to be Schaller pins as advised.

Thanks for the help lads... all ordered from the magical bay of E.

Daveski, I'm loving the Black Beauty by the way... Fast neck, great tones and really love the Bendwell feature.

Cheers, Lee
Jaydee Roadie 2A Custom
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 14 years ago

lscolman wrote:
Hi,

I wasn't saying that straplocks should have been with the bass

Don't worry Lee. I'm sure nobody intended to say so.

In this forum jokes are part of the package. You can't get bored here :D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
B
BluesWalker
Posted 14 years ago
I am too lazy to check the price list, but I believe Rob offers them as a new bass ordering option.
Cherry Red 5-String Fretted Streamline, 16.5 mm string spacing, half-wound strings strung EADGC

LMIII, Mark Bass 2x10, Mark Bass 1x12
Boss TU-3

Jazz, Blues, Progressive Rock
T
travelingbassman
Posted 14 years ago
To be fair i think its best to replace these after a couple years use anyway as the inside of the female cup(strap side) tends to tarnish and ware down abit creating greater suface friction inside the cup itself,thus reducing its ability to swing freely against the male strap pin(gtr side)as a result it can slowly start to undo its self as the female cup slowly rotates 180 degrees round(from this U) until its faceing the wrong way up( to this n)which can leave you vulnerable to the male simply falling out of the female again if its worn down and lost its grip on the male,i havnt seen a better product than the schallers and have them on all my basses but its wellworth checking them on yours asap as i have experienced both problems i have described here over the years and im sure im not the only 1 to have done so.Heres another 1 for ya,,,,last week while replaceing the original strap buttons on the S2000(#340)with straplocks i noticed that the screw at the buttend was not the original as it was the wrong colour and type and must of been changed at somepoint,of course youve gussed it ! the damn screw snapped of in the body and is now with a top local luthier being drilled dowled and refitted as new,,,,all i can say is its a good job i didnt need that particular bass at the weekend to gig with or i would of been screwed,,,so what ya waiting for ? go check ya straplocks are doing all their supposed to and make sure those nuts are well tight etc before your pride and joy trys to break free from ya when your halfway through the intro to spirit of radio(rush) which is not cool eh,:o cheers
Did you know that an over exposure to shit drummers can make you ill ,Sad
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator