Hi Everyone.

Last updated on 14 years ago
E
electricbass
Posted 14 years ago
Hi to all, I'm the Newbie on the site but I've used the site many times for info on Status basses, which I have always loved. I've owned two Status basses, an S2 Classic 6 string purchased new from Status (now sold) and another Stealth 1, 6 string which I was going to sell too but it plays so nicely I'm always struggling to justify selling, even though for what I do these days it's probably the wrong bass. I've also used several Status J necks on basses too which as you'll all know can transform an average bass into a great one.

I've been playing for quite a long time and have done a lot of bands and also demos for Yamaha UK and Roland UK at various trade shows and tours (basses and amps respectively). I've written quite a lot too and enjoy that. Currently I play/sing in a soul/disco band doing all the iconic covers from the Motown/Stax/Disco era. It's of course a lot of fun to play bass in this kind of band although I did a gig on Friday just gone and felt like I'd never played the bass before in my life! Weird that eh? Too much of a perfectionist according to my wife but you know how it is, one or two silly mistakes can ruin your whole gig if you let it!

You can see a small vid of me playing with this band (The Soul Patrol) here, sorry it's not a Status in the vid, it's actually a totally unique one off bass that was hand made by my mate! It's an RJB. The bass was actually not recorded thought the Hartke in the vid either. I used a little Peterson for that.

http://thesoulpatrol.com/songs.html

Great site this, and well deserved that Status basses should be honoured by it, they have to be just the most perfect basses ever made! I too know that in truth no other bass regardless of price, finish, or gizmos feels as good as a Status in your hands.

Cheers!:)
It's all in the hands...
OutToPlayJazzOutToPlayJazz
Veteran Member
Posted 14 years ago
Hi electricbass, welcome to the forum B) Put up some pictures of your bass for us as well. We like pics here!
Status S2-Classic, Enfield Lionheart Prototype, MusicMan Classic Sabre, Fender Classic Player Rascal
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator