Looking for information on my Status 6 string

Last updated on 12 years ago
K
Kay
Posted 12 years ago
Hi,

I'm the owner of a status 6 string. I bought it a few years ago from someone that I can't reach now. I was wondering If you can tell me more about this bass. For example, the price when it was new, how old the bass is, is it a custom made bass? what is it worth now?

I hope you can help me with this one.
The serial number (I guess it's a serial number) is: 2962 (it's on the backside of the head)

I will post some more photo's

Many thanks!
K
Kay
Posted 12 years ago
Photo 1
You do not have access to view attachments
K
Kay
Posted 12 years ago
Photo 2
K
Kay
Posted 12 years ago
Photo 3
K
Kay
Posted 12 years ago
Photo 4
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
Hi Kay, welcome to the forum. Specially with a nice bass like that. It looks like an Eclipse from the mid to late 90s. As I always say, someone will no doubt correct me. That's my get out clause anyway. You'll find lots of info on all Status basses by clicking "Catalogues & More" at the top of this page. Your bass seems to show up as a four string in the link below. Wooden necked Statii don't hold their value as well as graphite necked basses. They are just as good. Price now would be in the mid hundreds for a good one like yours. Here's that link anyway.

http://www.statii.com/status_cats/cat...index.html
K
Kay
Posted 12 years ago
Thanks, for the reply. It looks indeed like a Eclipse. Are you sure about the mid hundreds? It seems a little low to me if you look at the new price.

I'm trying to sell the bass right now, but am not quite sure what to ask for it.
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago

Kay wrote:
Are you sure about the mid hundreds? It seems a little low to me if you look at the new price.

I think this is what people mean when they say "careful what you ask for...." B)

The graphite basses generally have more than double the resale value of the more natural variety.
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
S
Sen8
Posted 12 years ago
I have the same on 5strings, serial on my signature, and Rob told me that she is from december 2005.

Really nice bass! Seraching desperatly the same one with 4strings...
Status Eclipse 5 S/N:125055 Sunburst Black
Pod Xt Live
Hartke Hydrive 210C
K
Kay
Posted 12 years ago
Thnx all for your help. I still haven't sold the bass. I ask 500 pound. I live in the Netherlands.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator