J Pick ups

Last updated on 12 years ago
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
Have you tried a reverse koogat intinuator?
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
Is that similar to the prolapsed clapper valve? Normally used by 40 yr old plus male bassists? Not sure Status stock them but freely available on the net.
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
Here is Robs response.
Hi Danny,
The individual pickups can't be out of phase but it is possible to have one out of phase with the other. This would give a big drop in volume and very thin tone when both pickups are on.

There is only one red + wire on the pickups so it's not easy to get it wrong. The earth has to go to the earth and the live to the solder terminal on the pot where the original wire was.

The output should be similar to the original pickups but may be a fraction lower as I prefer the quality of tone rather than quantity.

Best regards, Rob Green
An answer within 1 day!! He's the man!
Angry-CanuckAngry-Canuck
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago

Danny wrote:

The output should be similar to the original pickups but may be a fraction lower as I prefer the quality of tone rather than quantity

He'll never do well in America with that attitude!
4 Asians, 2 Brits, 1 French and also some basses
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
Been using a little art valve preamp on the last few gigs and it's made all the difference to the overall volume and tone. It's now got me wondering wether I should add an active circuit preamp? To be honest I didn't really want to turn this into a bass that had lots of money thrown at it, after all I went cheap just so it could get beaten up at gigs. Anyway enough waffle, it's going well, have played it lots at gigs and just written 4 new B lines for the next album on the SII. I tell you what, you don't appreciate how nice a graphite neck is until you've been away from one for a while!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator