Hi everyone, what bass is this?!!

Last updated on 12 years ago
D
Dan-A
Posted 12 years ago
Hi,

Can someone please identify the model of this bass for me?

i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii510/Dan-A1/status-front.jpg
i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii510/Dan-A1/status-back.jpg

I bought this new in 1998 and now I need to sell it but I don't know what model it is and I think this might be the place to find out. I gigged with it regularly for about 5 years but since then it hasn't really been used much. I'd always planned on getting it fixed up because it's taken a few knocks and needs a little bit of work done but unfortunately redundancy means I need to sell it as soon possible. I was planning to put it for sale on ebay but I thought I should find out what it is first!

Cheers.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
Hi Dan, welcome to the forum. I hope it's not going to be a short visit here for you. Your bass looks like a Series 1 from where I'm sitting. Wooden necked Status basses usually sell for prices in the mid hundreds, depending on condition. Click on 'Catalogues and More' at the top of this page and you'll find loads of info there. The link below is to the Series 1 page. Have a look back through the basses for sale section and see if there are any similar to yours to get an idea of price.

http://www.statii.com/status_cats/adv...index.html
D
Dan-A
Posted 12 years ago
Thanks BassBus, it does look like its a Series 1 from that advert. The advert is actually for the shop in Birmingham where I originally bought the bass. I've had a look but I'm not really sure what sort of price I can expect to get for it. As I said before its taken a few bumps and scrapes, there is some wear to the fingerboard and the top nut needs replacing. I think I might take some more detailed photos and list it on here to see if anyone is interested in buying it before I stick it on ebay.

Thanks again.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator