Finally joined the ranks

Last updated on 12 years ago
O
otherroutes
Posted 12 years ago
Having admired Status basses from afar for too long, I have finally joined the ranks. My first toe in the water is a lovely old (or is the polite euphemism "mature"?) is a Status 3000 serial number 139. Our first few days have been happy despite limited time together :)

Need to address issues with rusted bridge locking screws and a bridge height adjustment grub screw too. But not urgent as the action is not too bad at all. Any advice on dealing with this would be appreciated though. I'd also like to find out when it was made, and what the body wood is (I'm none too knowledgeable on my woods).

First post here so hope the picture attaching works.

Regards,
Richard.
You do not have access to view attachments
S
Svante
Posted 12 years ago
Very nice buy. I also have one of those, a S3000 serial number 112.
I think mine is mahogny although I've never been too sure.
O
otherroutes
Posted 12 years ago
Having posted that I realised I had a carpenter in the house. It's American Black Walnut.
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 12 years ago
Very nice, I'd go with walnut too. I think when things change and we all start getting some real money together I'll start looking for an older headless, it's about time. You may well be able to get some bridge replacement parts from Rob, give Status a call and ask. Age, I don't know too much about, one of the guys here will probably date it for you. You should hang on to her now you've finally got one!
L
Leetav
Posted 12 years ago
Hi Rich! Welcome to the best Status site on the web! As Danny said, contacting Rob/Dawn at Status is your best bet for FAQ's, contact details on the site itself, lovely and very helpful people!
See you soon mate :)
Reporter:
'Do you feel particularly awestruck when you work with people like George Harrison?'
Mark King:
'No'
O
otherroutes
Posted 12 years ago
Thanks Lee ... it's your fault :)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator