New guy from Iceland

Last updated on 11 years ago
hansihansi
Posted 11 years ago
Hey there,

Just got a red Series 4000 no 245. Haven't yet been able to find out the year of it but joined here in the hope of getting a bit more info on that. As a collector and pro musician I want to know all I can about my instruments and how to maintain them.

There is a bit of noise from the volume pot but I figure I just have to open that up and clean it up. I intend to go through the electricals on it to get it in perfect shape before I start gigging with it but really digging the tonal difference and range I get with it and it will be a great addition to my 20th anniversary stingray which is my main bass these days.

Also thinking about redoing the paintwork on the status when I get the time, right now it's in the original blood red which is getting a bit matte.

All in all love my new investment both tone wise and looks so it'll be with me for many years to come. Also hoping to get a new one sometime in the not so distant future, probably an s2 or the Wolstenholme signature but that will have to wait a little bit.

regards,
Hans
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 11 years ago
Welcome on board. You have the bug. Just one and you're wanting more already.

Be good if you can get some pictures up.

There you are, only just joined and being oredered about already. :D
hansihansi
Posted 11 years ago
I'll try to get some pics this weekend, don't have my camera with me now but will be going to a studio session this weekend and thinking about trying it out a bit more there. Will probably be able to grab my camera on the way to the studio.

Well with an instrument like this you'll always want more. As I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong) this is one is not among the higher value Status basses so I'm dying to find out just how good the higher grade ones must be! :)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator