Fingerboard LED wiring

Last updated on 10 years ago
hansihansi
Posted 10 years ago
Hey. I've got a S4000 status from the early 90's and have been tinking about doing some slight changes on it such as going through the electrical system and resoldering the wires since there seem to be some slight problem with some of the connections.

That however is not what this thread is about. I was also thinking about getting a new neck made with the forward facing leds but I need to know if the leds are usually connected to the electrical system of the body or if they're running on a separate electrical system.

If they are running on a separate system it wouldn't be to much of a problem for me to fit a new neck if I could get it made (of couse no guarantee about that) but if it's on the same system that would probably mean that this part of the rebuild is off.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
They are separate systems!

Best person to ask about all this (apart from Rob who's triple busy) is Martin Sims http://www.simscustom.com/html/simsle...msleds.htm
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
J
Jd
Veteran Member
Posted 10 years ago
yeah, don't bother Rob, he's building my bass!
Status S2 Paramatrix.
Status S3.
Status S2.
GB Spitfire.
Fender Geddy Lee signature.
Amplification by TC Electronic.
Pants by M&S.
hansihansi
Posted 10 years ago
So I've just had a look at Sims' page but I can't seem to gather from that if he will fit them to an existing neck or if I need to order a new neck from him. Do you know if it's possible to add those to an existing neck?
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 10 years ago

hansi wrote:
So I've just had a look at Sims' page but I can't seem to gather from that if he will fit them to an existing neck or if I need to order a new neck from him. Do you know if it's possible to add those to an existing neck?

He fits them to your existing neck. I wouldn't put a new neck on it you will de value the bass.
He does a superb job. If it was good enough for a certain Mr King to have Martin fit led's to his basses then that's got to be worth thinking about. Not cheap though.;)
hansihansi
Posted 10 years ago
I noticed that is wasn't cheep but it's something I think would look extremely good on my bass along with the other minor cosmetic changes I was thinking about (like replacing those plastic knobs with som nice golden metallic ones). I was also hoping I wouldn't need to get a new neck since mine is in very good shape.

I'll definitely keep this in mind when it looks like i'll get a break from playing shows long enough for me to be willing to take the Status out of commission for long enough for the neck to fitted with some new toys.
Status Graphite Series 4000 no 245
Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 20th anniversary
Jay Turser Deluxe semi-hollow
Gretsch Electromatic hollowbody guitar
Eden Nemesis RS-212
Bugari Armando accordion (special made)
and a bunch of other bits and pieces

www.aronbirkir.com
wal4stringwal4string
Posted 10 years ago
I own an S2 classic which Rob fitted wraparound. Being a bolt on Rob was able to fit a replacement neck with 32”scale plus bendwell, also had black hardware replaced with silver. Not cheap but we'll worth it. I was without bass for just over a week in total once I was able to sort a convenient date for the work. Dawn is really helpful and a pleasure to deal with. In a nutshell I would recommend Rob for the job regardless of the extra cost.
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Martin Sims work is excellent!

He will fit LED's to pretty much anything.

He's good value and the results are amazing!

Totally recommend him!
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
hansihansi
Posted 10 years ago
Ok, I guess I'll go with Sims judging from these reviews. Guess I'll have to find a time when I can be without my Status for a couple weeks. Only problem being that I live in Iceland but guess I'll find a way! :)
Status Graphite Series 4000 no 245
Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 20th anniversary
Jay Turser Deluxe semi-hollow
Gretsch Electromatic hollowbody guitar
Eden Nemesis RS-212
Bugari Armando accordion (special made)
and a bunch of other bits and pieces

www.aronbirkir.com
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator