And in dropped another Bass owner

Last updated on 10 years ago
E
ejnarDK
Posted 10 years ago
Hi y'all.
I just stumbled upon your fine forum and thought I'd go register and take a look arround.
Name's Ejnar and I'm from Denmark, so I'd like to apologize up front for any misunderstandings due to language barriers.

As it happens, I own a Series II (I called it S2 initially in here, Thanks Enzo) from 1989, No. 76 if that's important, and I've loved it since I layed my eyes and fingers on it in arround 1991.
A friend and fellow mucissian from back then, bought it of Rob on a demo tour in Copenhagen if I'm correctly informed, and at some time my friend found the need to sell it off, cause he needed money for an apartment. At least his girfriend thought he did :-)
Anyways, I, having tried it a few times already at social occations, raided my bank and found the money he asked for it and bought it of him, before he got the chance to change his mind.

Since then I've stopped playing, but still love my instrument as much as the day I bought it.

It's in flawless condition and I've kept the original checklist, and complement writing by Rob.

But as said, I'm here to check out the community arround these spectacular, ingenious instruments, so fell free to hit me up if you have any questions you think I can answer. Mind you, im not an expert, just old.

Best regards
EjnarDK.
Edited by ejnarDK on 15-11-2014 06:57, 9 years ago
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Hi Ejnar, welcome to the forum! Yes, Status basses do that effect on a lot of people, you never get tired of them and if you're forced to sell, you'll be back buying one as soon as you can.
It would be nice to see some pictures of your S2, here we're all pics hungry, we love to see all kinds of specs, wood and color combinations. If you're not familiar with uploading, simply sign up to Photobucket and copy/paste the code link IMG.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
E
ejnarDK
Posted 10 years ago
Should be doable.
I hope the Photo quality is ok.

imageshack.us/a/img43/4218/bmtj.jpg

imageshack.us/a/img189/4585/mdxl.jpg

imageshack.us/a/img534/8334/of73.jpg

imageshack.us/a/img19/3264/oybj.jpg
enzoenzo
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Nice, it's a Series II not an S2 :) might sound a little detail but they're different basses with the S2 being the more recent one.
…and being 5 strings explains the low serial with completion date '89, Rob reset the serial on 5ers as well as other models.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'13 Stealth
E
ejnarDK
Posted 10 years ago
Oh. Well there you see. Good I came here.
Thanks for clearing me up on that, Enzo.
Edited by ejnarDK on 26-12-2013 02:47, 10 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Very lovely bass indeed! Well done for hanging onto it. They are beautiful as well as superb to play.

I adore the original Series II's... That's why I have 5 of them BUT I want more.

Just out of interest... Where do you live?? :D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
E
ejnarDK
Posted 10 years ago
Hehehe. Not gonna tell you Moo.
Don't want you sneaking arround peeking through my windows.
Edited by ejnarDK on 26-12-2013 13:30, 10 years ago
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago

ejnarDK wrote:
Hehehe. Not gonna tell you Moo.
Don't want you sneaking arround peeking through my Windows.

Damn... Not subtle enough!!

:@
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Yeah, lovely bass! Love to feel up an old girl like that :D
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator