Truss Rod Stealth II 5 string

Last updated on 10 years ago
R
roma_wn
Posted 10 years ago
Hello, I just purchased Status Graphite II and I have a question about the truss rod. When I tighten the truss counterclockwise it should bow in, right? When I go all the way clock wise I think it loosens entirely, am I right? Thank you for your help.
JibudoJibudo
Posted 10 years ago
It's a two way truss rod, when you turn it clockwise, the neck goes back, anticlockwise, the neck goes forward.

DON'T Turn it to much, you don't need it, if you do it you will probably brake something.

statii.com/status_cats/flyers/stealth_2_headless/steatlh_2_headless_1x.jpg

See This Thread:

http://www.statii.com/forum/forum/vie...rowstart=0
"Si se usa distorsión en este instrumento (bajo), el sonido se oye como la voz del diablo cuando está borracho."
R
roma_wn
Posted 10 years ago
Thank you, so it means if I turn clockwise and at some point there is no tension at all something might be broken. Am I right? I never turned too much but that what is happening or I might be mistaken.
Edited by roma_wn on 03-03-2014 08:59, 10 years ago
R
roma_wn
Posted 10 years ago
I am an idiot. Because I was so scared I was too gentle when it reached the mid point. I managed to adjust it and there was tension after that mid point. I am relieved now. Jibudo, thank you for your help.
JibudoJibudo
Posted 10 years ago
Glad i could help.

Out of curiosity, why did you needed to adjust the truss rod? Is your bass brand new or second hand?
"Si se usa distorsión en este instrumento (bajo), el sonido se oye como la voz del diablo cuando está borracho."
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator