Kingbass hot output

Last updated on 10 years ago
W
Wonky
Posted 10 years ago
Hi folks

Can any one offer some advice to a new kingbass owner.....

Previous bass's I've owned with active circuitry have worked well with my amp, an ashdown mag 400.

But my new status kingbass seems to have a mega super hot output.
I guess the two 9v battery's are wired up to give 18v circuitry? But the output is mega high.
I can barely turn the gain up even half a notch before the analogue needle starts clipping out, seriously the gain knob is barley up by a couple of degrees from fully off position. I can set the volume from here but obviously need the volume to be high to cope with it?

My previous bass, an active musicman had no issue like this ,with the gain dial being rotated to at least half way round......

The end result of me only being able to dial in a couple of degrees rotation on the gain is its very close to clipping out and giving me distorted bottom end.......?

Can I dial down the output inside the bass's circuitry , I know some warwick circuitry allows this.....i haven't opened the king bass up yet though.

Any advice is welcomed.
M
marcus43
Posted 10 years ago
Open up the back of the bass and you'll find a small rotary control just turn it down and the output will reduce :)
2001 Kingbass Artist
2004 Kingbass Artist
W
Wonky
Posted 10 years ago
Nice one Marcus..... Thanks for the reply.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator