New Status neck keeps moving

Last updated on 10 years ago
T
tightLow
Posted 10 years ago
Hello :
I got a new Status Jazz fretless neck about 45 days ago. Since having it bolted on, it immediately developed tongue rise (a ramp in the upper positions), and I have had to tighten the truss rod to straighten the neck out three times. It keeps giving in to the really low string tension of my Thomastik-Infeld Jazz rounds (.089 to .043).
I am talking about small changes; needing to correct about 10 thousandths of string height at the 12th markerat each adjustment, but this is critical to the bass performing well. My whole purpose in going over to Status is the need for retaining adjustments with my very low string action. Like .040 to .045" at the 12th position on the G string, down to about .025" or .030 at the 5th marker. That's how I run all my fretless basses.

Does anybody know if this is considered normal for a Status bolt-on neck?

I am a bit worried; I would perhaps expect one adjustment...it seems to be too weak, just as an old Moses neck I had.
Rob said a break - in period was normal...but three adjustments? BTW, heat/ cold is not an issue. I'm a teacher, and it stays in my studio. I have not gigged with it yet.
The neck was expertly installed. The sound is incomparable, as is the sustain.

As a follow up, I *really* want to order a Streamline 5 fretless, perhaps in the 32" scale. I would assume and hope those single piece basses are totally stable and stout, but do they exhibit this behavior as well?

Thanks for any experience on this matter
Edited by tightLow on 23-03-2014 14:20, 10 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator