My first Status bass

Last updated on 10 years ago
W
woodsman
Posted 10 years ago
Hi,
I am new to this forum and have just got my first Status bass - a Groove - and I love it. I have had a variety of basses, Fender, Musicman, G&L, Yamaha, etc. and currently have a Classic Vibe 50's P-bass and a couple of acoustic basses, but I have always hankered after a Status. Maybe the others will have to go in favour of another Status - any advice on models. The band I play in plays mainly country, blues and middle of the road covers (Sinatra, etc.).

I don't know the year of the bass but the number on the back of the headstock is 0581986 - any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve
You do not have access to view attachments
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Welcome to the forum. Like your attitude, thinking about another Status already.

I have used my Series 2000 in a country/rock'n'roll band with good effect. An S2 would do just as good a job with the 303 pre amp.

Going by the serial number you posted that looks like May (05) 1998 (8) unless someone else can advise differently.
W
woodsman
Posted 10 years ago
Thanks for the advice. I'll start doing some research.
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 10 years ago
Let me guess....You bought this from Johnny Roadhouse. M.Chester?
W
woodsman
Posted 10 years ago
Yes.
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Hi there, nice bass buddy!
BLUNDERTHUMBSBLUNDERTHUMBS
Posted 10 years ago
This was for sale over on Basschat recently for £275 by a guy who's known as only4. If you get in touch with him he may be able to fill you in about the history of it.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator