Double ball strings in the US???

Last updated on 10 years ago
L
Landfal
Posted 10 years ago
Question to any other US based headless Status owners:where do you get your double ball strings ( I have a headless S2 5 string)? I'd like to replace with Status strings, but I feel shipping will not make that cost effective. I see Ken Smith and a few other companies offer double ball strings. What has worked best for the rest of you guys (I prefer a lighter guage string 40-125 on a 5 string).
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Hey Landy, I am UK based but I beleive the hotwires are great value for money, especially if you can afford to buy bulk, I think this will then offset the shipping costs. If a couple of you can get together to split the cost then even better! Get them shipped to one address, then US mail them to each other?
D
DrDAV
Posted 10 years ago
www.juststrings.com is a good sight with 5-6 types. I just ordered 5 sets from Sweetwater, for $15/set, to try out. They are the Steinberger/Music Yo strings. I have to try at that kind of price.
D
dreambass
Posted 10 years ago
The cost of shipping strings from the UK is so minor, especially if you buy multiple sets, there's no reason not to buy Status strings direct. I've haven't found anything better regardless of price.
Ken Smith/Albany, NY, USA

David King C4 Custom 32"
Linc Luthier Custom Fretless 4
Euphonic Audio iAmp350C, (3)iAmp500/UK
Euphonic Audio IL210 (PROTOTYPE w/9 drivers), assorted VL & CxL Cabinets, Combos.
NAU Custom All Tube Hand-built 265 watt Stage Amp.
Stewart 2.1 Power Amp w/A.M.P SL-1 Preamp
Ashdown Superfly 500 w/Superfly 48 Cabinet
L
Landfal
Posted 10 years ago
Thanks for the help, I found a GHS 5 string set for 23 bucks. I figure I'll give them a try at that price.
Damn YankDamn Yank
Posted 10 years ago
If they're boomers, you might want to get some extra d's and g's, as they are notorious for breaking if you do any popping, pulling or slapping.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator