It's a long way...

Last updated on 10 years ago
D
Doctor J
Posted 10 years ago
Good evening from sunny Tipperary. I picked up my first Status yesterday, a S3000, s/n 113 which makes it around 88/89 I think. I've been playing for over 25 years, but this is my first step into the world of carbon necks and, I must say, I rather like it. The forum was a very helpful resource when I was checking out specs and such, so thank you all.
B
bassbus
Fusioneer
Posted 10 years ago
Glad you're happy with your purchase. It comes with a caveat though, you might want more. What does it look like? Enjoy playing it.
D
Doctor J
Posted 10 years ago
Cheers. It looks like this

www.justinmaloney.com/images/stat1.jpg

Needs some work to return it to full glory. I spent a lot of yesterday stripping and cleaning it (why do people sell instruments covered in crud?) but I've set it up really nicely and I really like the sound. The neck profile is unlike anything I've ever played but it's not uncomfortable. I think the blend pot might need to be replaced, instantly getting no neck pickup once you go to the bridge pickup side. Still, it's early days.
me4bassme4bass
Veteran Member
Posted 10 years ago
Nice bass,
The mahogany-graphite combo sounds so good to me.
Have fun.
ospreyosprey
Posted 10 years ago
Try a little cleanliness before you replace the pot. When I bought my Status Energy one of the pots..can't remember which now, crackled and spat. I took it to a tech, who said he could do nothing with the pot and I'd better replace it. He'd never seen a Status bass and clearly didn't want to bother. One of the guys in the band that evening dripped a spot or two of WD40 into it: hasn't been a problem since! Enjoy your bass.
Posted 10 years ago
Wd40 will sort it out no problem. Have fun. I picked up a status 3 weeks ago and haven't touched my other basses since. Totally hooked. ;)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator