S1 active circuit potentiometer replacement problem.

Last updated on 9 years ago
D
Dandelion
Posted 9 years ago
Hiya!

I need to replace the control knobs on my Series 1 / Eclipse.

The pots on the S1 preamp have little black adapters on the spindles to take their diameter up to the standard width common to all potentiometers of this specification. Without the adapters the spindles are too small in diameter to afix knobs to. The pots in question can be bought in there entireity on the status website but they are expensive and I dont have the expertise to confidently remove the old pots and resolder the new one on the board.

Really, all I need to do is replace the little black adapter things because mine are all chewed up.

I have searched the interweb for replacements without success, and I have now resorted to winding insulation tape around the spindles to make there diameter large enough to jam the new knobs on, but this is unsatisfactory.

Please assist.

All suggestions greatfully recieved.

Kev.
Status Graphite S14B (I think)
Genz Benz Shuttle 6.
Mark Bass 410HF.
J
jimitee
Posted 9 years ago
Couldn't you just remove the spacers and replace the knobs with ones with a smaller internal diameter that match the spline? If yours has the metal domed knobs you should easily be able to find them on eBay.
DannyDanny
Fusioneer
Posted 9 years ago
Jim is probably right, you can source knobs with different diameters for different splines.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator