newbie, identify my bass

Last updated on 18 years ago
J
jwilson
Posted 18 years ago
Hi, I'm brand new to this site. I am trying to find out what my bass is and approx. value USD. I am the second owner (first was Chris tarry http://www.christarry.com/ ). Thinking of selling/trading and wanted to start here. This bass is most amazing but my money gig is a tribute show and this bass has not seen the light of day in many, many years. By the way been in case for several years and is still in tune - WOW. Thanks for any and all help!!
Edited by jwilson on 20-10-2006 03:51, 18 years ago
You do not have access to view attachments
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Hi

we will need some info like the model & S/N etc. Also post some pics!!

:D
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
J
jwilson
Posted 18 years ago
The only numbers i can find anywhere on the bass is "735" on the bottom side of the bridge
Edited by jwilson on 19-10-2006 03:12, 18 years ago
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
It looks like a very nice example of a Series 2 through neck to me. Seems to be in very good condition as well looking at the photos.
J
jwilson
Posted 18 years ago
Ok thanks, so for sure series 2, any idea of vintage based on serial # 735? How about value USD. Understood this is the wrong forum for that. Just want to get an idea and not offend anyone. Thanks so much.
Edited by jwilson on 19-10-2006 04:12, 18 years ago
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Not sure of the conversion rate at the moment but probably worth about £750 in the UK. No idea what the demand is in the US but it seems basses go for a bit less than they do here.
J
jwilson
Posted 18 years ago
Thanks, gives me some idea. guess it's off to the marketplace.
T
Thunder_fingers
Posted 18 years ago
i think, after what i have seen, on status basses in us, all used ones lay around 1000 - 1200 dollar...
moomoo
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
If only it was headless i would buy it off you right now!!!

:(
Strata #05 - Status Series II #94 - Status Series II #147 - Status Series II #230 - Status Series II #487 - Status Series II 5 string #58 - Status Series 2000 #106 - Status Series 2000 #327 (FPPR) - Status Empathy #2009 ’93 - Status Empathy 5 string '95 - Status King Bass '06 moo wood - Status King Bass '07 moo wood fretless - Alembic MK Sig Deluxe '88 - Alembic Inside Out Brown Bass ’11 - JayDee Series I 'Starchild' '08 - JayDee Series I Cherry Red ’19 - Sei Bass Flamboyant - Sei Bass Flamboyant Offset - Ibanez SR2600 ’18 - Ibanez SRMS 805 ’19 - Ibanez SR1405 ’19 - Vigier Passion Series I #623 '88 - Vigier Arpege Series II #249 '84 - Vigier Arpege Series III #088 '86 - Shuker Custom Series 2 ‘08 - Warwick Thumb 4 TN '89
chuckamok63chuckamok63
Posted 18 years ago
Was this the one that had the broken tuner that kept on showing up on eBay? It's still stunning.
so much gear, so little time.
J
jwilson
Posted 18 years ago
No, no, no never been on Ebay. Been in my basement in case for at least ten years. Thanks for kind evaluation though. Waiting for a member to get back in PM before listing in market place. Anyone with experience buying, shipping, etc... US to UK?
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
I have had a couple of basses shipped to the UK. One was by USPS and one by FedEx. Both arrived quickly and undamaged.

The bonus of the one shipped with USPS was that I didn't get stung for import duty or VAT. :D With the one sent with FEdEx I did. :(
J
jwilson
Posted 18 years ago
Nice, what do you suggest for asking price. Got email into Status to help date it.
statusstatus
Fusioneer
Posted 18 years ago
Depends where the buyer is based as they fetch different prices in different countries.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator